Corsair Community

TR3X3G1866C9DF settings

GunslingerOCS

I tried at 1.55 on the QPI voltage, and it wouldn't boot with a 14x memory multiplier and 133 bclock.

1.6V is into the red voltage settings on the EVGA X58 board, so I didn't go that high.

Either way, I ordered a Corsair 3x2GB kit of C8 1600's for 24/7 use, since the 1866's don't seem to play nice with this motherboard.

I have built two of those boards and have found no problem with Intel stated 1.65v but I have found that dropping the command rate to 2T is the way to go with the as yet immature BIOS. Many are finding that they need more voltage for higher speeds though so I think you are correct with the 1866 DRAM. This board is a bit strange but you will notice that there is not much to standard settings with any of the top tier manufacturers at this time. It's rather confusing at best.

I tried at 1.55 on the QPI voltage, and it wouldn't boot with a 14x memory multiplier and 133 bclock.

1.6V is into the red voltage settings on the EVGA X58 board, so I didn't go that high.

Either way, I ordered a Corsair 3x2GB kit of C8 1600's for 24/7 use, since the 1866's don't seem to play nice with this motherboard.

Hey, it's my neighbor from Alabama :hihi:

See if there is a Shamino beta BIOS floating around yet. A little bird told me he had improved memory divider function on a recent BIOS revision as they are tuning BIOS' for both this board and the new CLASSIFIED board.

Will PM him on EVGA about the bios. How about you get another OC session lined up in ATL and I bring my stuff down for you to show me how to run? :D:

Should have a shiney new F1 pot within the week.

I'd like to meet Gomeler anyway to talk about a project. :D:

I will get with Gom and keep in touch. I have not done any LN2 on i7 yet as I have not gotten an i7 Dragon bracket from Vince and I have only 1 CPU currently. And, it's very busy on my test bench so I can't afford to kill it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I'll try and PM him again.

The plan has changed a bit since my last post. I've sold off the 3x1GB 1866 C9 kit, as well as the 1600 C8 3x2GB kit.

I picked up a 3x2GB kit of the 1866 GT's though! :D:

Sounds like the EVGA Classified is right around the corner, I'll then step-up to that from my plain 'ol X58

I sure do appreciate your help though.

Archived