Corsair Community

PSU startup problems

davegl1234

Hi, I recently built a pc using the corsair TX 750W power supply. I've more or less no issues, and very pleased with the build. Once the pc is on the power supply seems to power it fine.

However, if i leave it off for an extended period (say 30 minutes) I then have all sorts of trouble getting it to power up again. The fans will stutter up for an instance (the red light on the LED fan flashing on for half a second) but then nothing else. Last time it happened I powered off the psu for about 10 seconds and then it started up no problems, so theres maybe a workaround.

From what I have read the 750W should be enough to power my system, so is it either a motherboard setting, a faulty psu, or something else?

I'm just a bit worried I could be damaging the other components with the psu malfunctioning like this (is that likely?), and was wondering if there is anything i can do other than replacing the product (and whether that would even sort it out anyway)?

Cheers

Dave

• Corsair Employees

I would recommend that you try this basic PSU functionality test. Leave your case fans plugged into the PSU and disconnect everything else, and see if you can duplicate the same issues without the board controlling the PSU.

If the issues go away then I would make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard and then load setup defaults in the BIOS and see if there is any change.

Archived