Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 512MB Faulty & 8GB Partitioning

brbuzz

I have had the above Voyager (CMFUSB2.0-512) for over 2.5years and the USB connection plug has managed to fall out completely and I cant access the data on it. Will I be able to get it replaced under the 10 year warranty and how do I go about it? I have already tried to locate my receipt but with no luck.

It came with a Drivers & Instructions CD which included Corsair Flash Voyager Utility which enabled the use of a pw protected partition on the memory stick. As I needed another one, I have gone ahead and purchased a new Corsair Flash Voyager 8.0GB (CMFUSB2.0-8GB) which did not have a CD with it. Should I not be able to use the same utility for partitioning etc? At the moment the Utility does not automatically pop up (as it use to with the 512Mb) and I do not want to write any data on it until I sort out the pw protected partitioning.

Please could someone help>

Sorry to bother you again but I am trying to install Truecrypt in Traveller Mode. Looking at the documentation I think I would be best to go for the 'Auto-mount True Crypt volume(specified below)' option but as my Corsair Flash Voyager has not got any data or partitions I am not sure what volume to mount. Am I following the right route if I want to set up the USB key similar to how the Corsair Voyager Utility worked. I just seem to recall that the Utility did create a second partition that needed a password but how do I do it on the new key with Truecrypt?

Many thanks

Archived