Corsair Community

Asus M3A79-T Deluxe memory settings needed

wingnutx

I have 4 modules of C2x2048-6400C5 installed in an Asus M3A79-T Deluxe motherboard with the latest BIOS 0602 and a Phenom 9600. They were purchased as 2 sets of TWIN2X4096-6400C5.

This memory is listed as compatible with the motherboard with all 4 banks filled.

XP64 boots, but gets frequent bluescreens with 4 modules installed. Either set is stable in either bank, just not all 4 at once.

Memtest86+ runs forever with no errors.

I have had DRAM voltage bumped up to 2.0 and 2.1.

What else do I have to increase?

Northbridge voltage has 2 sub-settings, Hypertransport Voltage, and Core/PCIe voltage.

There is also Processor-NB voltage as a separate setting.

Southbridge has only one variable.

I have seen some settings for this RAM on here, but the terminology didn't match what I see in my BIOS.

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

• Corsair Employees

Actually, this memory is not validated on this platform using 4 modules. In this case, you may need to drop the memory frequency to 667.

However, some Phenom CPUs can run 4 up at DDR800+ but, you will need to manually test the settings yourself. With 4 modules, you can try raising the memory controller voltage 1-3 steps above stock.

Which setting is actually the memory controller? (Hypertransport Voltage, Core/PCIe voltage, or Processor-NB voltage?)

I will knock it down to 667 and see how that works.

Thanks.

BTW, the memory is listed as being good for 4 modules on Asus' QVL dated 2008/09/05. This is the most recent one that I can find.

• Corsair Employees
Also, what I was stating is that Corsair has not validated a 4 module setup on this platform using those modules. Since ASUS has it in their QVL, if you are not stable you may want to contact their tech support and get the exact settings they used in their validation.

Archived