Corsair Community

cant get TWIN2X2048-8500C5D running at 1066

ks_tidal

hey there i cant seem to get my ram running at 1066 my motherboard supports 1066 and my cpu is the 9850be ive set the timing to 5-5-5-15 and the trc to 22 also have the dram volts set to 2.2 since my ram kit is rev 1 i read in the settings to drop the multi to 10 and rase the fsb to 268? this is where i have problems if i drop the multi to 10 it drops my cpu to 2000mhz instead of the stock 2500mhz, but it crashes before i can raise the fsb to 268 this is where i got lost

• Corsair Employees
Very few Phenom CPUs that we have seen will actually run memory stable at 1066 due to the limitations of the memory controller. If you are wanting a stable memory OC, I'd suggest you OC manually upwards from DDR800 and find your maximum stable frequency.

thats ok i guess , this new system flies with it running at 800mhz anyhow o) but if im gonna just let it run at 800mhz what should my ram settings be? also my ram sticker says it should be running at 2.1 volts but my mb dont have 2.10 its only got 2.15 or 2.20 as a volt settings, also should i leave it at 5-5-5-15 trc at 22 with it running at 800mhz , dont wanna overclock my system at all right now dont need too

The Phenom's on die memory controller runs blisteringly fast and timings are more important than pure bandwidth anyhow. I would set to 2.15v and you can try with 4-4-4-12. Memtest it to be sure of stability.

thats ok i guess , this new system flies with it running at 800mhz anyhow o) but if im gonna just let it run at 800mhz what should my ram settings be? also my ram sticker says it should be running at 2.1 volts but my mb dont have 2.10 its only got 2.15 or 2.20 as a volt settings, also should i leave it at 5-5-5-15 trc at 22 with it running at 800mhz , dont wanna overclock my system at all right now dont need too

Archived