Corsair Community

Help: A7N8X Deluxe and XMS3200LL

SneakerPimps

Hi! Firstly here are my specs: AMD XP2500+ Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev 1.04 (1004 Bios) Corsair 512mb XMS3200LL v1.1 The XMS3200LL use to be used on the same motherboard but different processor. Until I upgraded the ram to 1024 TwinX3200LLP and motherboard to A7N8X-E Deluxe. The XMS3200LL use to work on the A7N8X Deluxe motherboard @ 400FSB, the processor was also a XP2500, so therefore it was O/C'd to XP3200. It was running stable for 6months. Now, as I said above, I upgraded the ram and the motherboard. The old processor stayed there (XP2500) and it continued to run @400fsb on the new ram (1024twinx). Stable. Here's the problem: After the upgrade im left with these laying around: - A7N8X Deluxe - XMS3200LL So, I buy a new processor XP2500 (same as above) and I try to do the same O/C by raising the FSB to 400fsb. Now one would assume that it would work, but no, that's where the problem started. I tried to raise the fsb to 400, but when I "save and restart" it doesn't boot. So I clear the cmos and try a different method. I remember hearing from somewhere that I should just "save" and manually press the restart button. Okay, so that worked, it boots into WinXp and when I tried to play a game (NFS Underground) the screen flashes black and hangs. (It's not the g-card!) So, I reboot, try to set the FSB to 333, after numerous attempts to make it stick, I finally get it to boot. I try to play NFS again and it works fine. Long story, short question: Why can't I get the cpu to run at 400fsb? I use to work before, well on a different XP2500. Sorry for the long thread! Just need help, getting frustrated. :[pouts:

The first few production weeks of each CPU including BARTONs were all unlocked. You'll have to look at the model name to figure that out, but [b]no[/b] and I mean [b]not a single vendor[/b] will garauntee you a lot number from a CPU you're going to buy and if you buy RETAIL CPU's they're not going to be happy with you opening up the package to look at the numbers! The only way to find an early production CPU is to buy OEM from a store in your area where you can physically look at the chip and [b]even then[/b] there's a chance it'll still be locked since AMD doesn't release the official information on which are and which aren't! Please read the first part of [url=http://houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17626]this thread[/url] to understand what the OPN of AMD Athlon CPU's means. Then go and find a CPU database like RAM GUY said to figure out which CPU's have the best chance of being unlocked. PLUR CK

Archived