Corsair Community

TX750 has incorrect 3.3v line voltage

Matt3232

Hello,

I ran into a problem this week where my computer would shut down without warning. On a hunch I jumpered the 24 pin connector of my power supply and measured the voltages using a multimeter. The 12v and 5v rails were ok, but the 3.3v line only measured as 2.74v:confused:. This value drops to about 2.69v when the computer is on. Is this normal or is my power suppy faulty?

Thanks, Matt

Here's a picture of HWMonitor(It reads the same as my BIOS, I checked.)

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/532/capturejy0.png

Ignore the fact that the 12v and 5v voltages are reading really high, I have confirmed otherwise with my multimeter. I also found a few other threads on here describing the same problem of shutdowns, especially during gaming which is when I have the problem too. There's also a thread about a problem where the computer will not boot properly after a shutdown if you don't wait 20 seconds or so before powering it on; I also have this problem so I'm pretty sure the PSU is defective.

I think the motherboard might be tripping the overvoltage protection on the PSU because of those high voltage readings, causing the shutdowns. Regardless, something's wrong with that 3.3v rail so I'll see if I can get the PSU replaced first.

Hello,

I ran into a problem this week where my computer would shut down without warning. On a hunch I jumpered the 24 pin connector of my power supply and measured the voltages using a multimeter. The 12v and 5v rails were ok, but the 3.3v line only measured as 2.74v:confused:. This value drops to about 2.69v when the computer is on. Is this normal or is my power suppy faulty?

Thanks, Matt

I'd say the power supply is bad. And I'd take your voltmeter readings as gospel well before I'd believe the BIOS readings.

Archived