Corsair Community

TX750 questions...

Computer_Freak

I just found that the fan is supposed to be an exhaust fan. My Corsair TX750 blows fan into my case (intake fan, instead of exhaust fan)

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75740

I just got My PSU, so can I take it to my retailer (that I bought it from) and get it replaced?

As Im in South Africa, it will take too long to send it to the US...

What should i do?

Also, i found that the plasti thing is a air director, but i guess that if The fan doesnt blow the right way, it doesnt work right...?

Yeah, if the fan is spinning the opposite direction (drawing air from inside the PSU and exausting it into the case) it's pretty much defective. I don't know the procedures in SA, but normally you should just take it back to the retailer for a replacement.

Yeah, if the fan is spinning the opposite direction (drawing air from inside the PSU and exausting it into the case) it's pretty much defective. I don't know the procedures in SA, but normally you should just take it back to the retailer for a replacement.

So it is defective, and they have to swap it?

Cause my retailer says that his supplier has the final say.

Thats BS tbh. They shoud replace it, as it is defective...

• Corsair Employees

The fan should suck air in and blow it out the back of the unit, however at slower speeds you might get air that will reflect off of the top of the PSU and come back out the bottom. The plastic piece is there to help guide the air through the unit. If it looks like the units fan is blowing air in the wrong direction, then we would want to get it replaced.

It is probably most convenient to replace the unit through your reseller, however if they can not help you, then we can certainly replace it for you. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

I just put a paper in front of the fan, and, the paper gets sucked in...

kinda weind, cause it feels like its getiing blown out...

Im still sceptical though, cause I cant feel much air coming out the back... In fact, I dont feel any at all. but when I put the paper there, it blows it away...

weird.

so is it supposed to be blowing that soft, or what?

Can anyone with a TX750 check for me.

when I put My hand ontop of the fan, It feels like its blowing (guess its sucking very strongly) but out the back, it blows air VERY SLOWLY. Is that normal?

I put paper on the fan, and it sucks it in strongly.

But putting it at the back, its very slow. My old PSU used to pump out air. thats why im concerned

• Corsair Employees
The power supply is designed to be very quiet and the unit itself is tested to deliver its entire rated wattage at temperatures of 50C degrees so there is no need to have the fan blowing full blast unless you are putting a large load on the unit. If you ever notice the fan is not moving at all, then there is something wrong, but normally the fan will just spin slowly.

I understand that it slows down. But it sucks in A lot, and blows out very little.

how does that work?

Cause I keep my hand aboud 5cm (2 inches) from the fan, and i feel it sucking air, yet Putting my hand at the back, very little to no air comes out. is that normal?

I understand that its thermally controlled, and spins up when needed, but this is weird...

sorry if I ound annoying, but what Im trying to say is that no air is coming out the back?

its sucking in air, but nothing is coming out the back. shouldnt the air blow out the back...?

so its just reflecting?

then thats not very effective as the air does not pass over the PSU components efficiently...

Archived