Corsair Community

CMPSU-650TX Failure.

Emeka

I bought this PSU in early october for an AMD64 build that I was using at the time with the plan of upgrading within the year. Around Christmas time the ECS KN1 Extreme board the AMD64 was on fried. I took this as a hint that it was time to proceed with my upgrade. Just recently built a Core i7 system as per my profile's specs.

The system was working fine for about a week until just recently today the whole system went off and took my apartment's power (just within the bedrooms) with it. I flipped the breaker and then plugged the PSU back in. But as soon as I flipped the switch from 0 to 1 I heard a click and power went off again. This happened twice, I disconnected all my components and it was still happening. Until about the fourth time the power stays on but there is no sign of life from the PSU or the rest of the computer.

Can you help me replace this product please? (I would prefer a product that isn't experiencing these issues if possible.) I'm quite frustrated, I expected a little longer lifetime for $100 worth of PSU.

I don't think I received one as I used the alternate RMA form. (the one I linked to) I did however include my first post's ID: 386382 and check the box that asked if I had spoken to Ramguy.

Should I fill it out again? I filled for the RMA on Sunday and still haven't received an email or phone call..

I shipped with USPS Priority Mail on Thursday and today I received the following message via Trakc & Confirm:

We attempted to deliver your item at 9:57 AM on January 31, 2009 in FREMONT, CA 94538 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Will somebody pick it up from the post office on behalf of Corsair come Monday? I'm not really sure how this works..

Just got off the phone with them. Unfortunately they say they don't have any in stock and that they should be able to ship a new one in a couple of days. I gotta say though I'm pretty dissatisfied right now. Best case scenario is it takes two weeks to replace this.. :( Let's hope the replacement performs or it might be off to a more reliable brand as far as PSUs go.

Thanks for your help though Ram Guy, much appreciated.

EDIT: If my PSU takes too long to come in is there a chance I can have it replaced with something different and of reasonable like value? There are few things that are as essential to my i7 build as the PSU...

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry about that, but first thing I have to say is there is no one building a better PSU than us; the reviews I think confirm that. I do understand your frustration and I am sorry that has happened but the Demand has been good for all of the higher wattage PSU's so I do expect to see this randomly.

Please let me know the case number and I will see what can be done to expedite the Replacement for you.

The research I did before I bought my PSU showed that as well, I just wish my experience thus far were a better example.

My case number is: 830587

My RMA number is: 1090308

Please let me know how it goes and thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help. I got my PSU in the mail a week or two ago and since then I haven't had to touch it since I put it back in.

Looks like I'll be sticking with Corsair for a while :)

Thanks again!

Archived