Corsair Community

Gigabyte EP45-UD3R sutitable memory?

pcguy

Looking for memory for a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard which will be using a E8400 processor for a gaming rig. The memory selector does not seem to show this motherboard. Probably looking for 2x1gb or 2x2GB either DDR2 800 or maybe DDR2 1066. Any suggestions?

I'm running 4 gigs the 8500C5 on a EP45-DS3R at 1066 and it works like a champ. This memory does not overclock well - I cannot even get 1142 out of it. But if you are not planning to overclock, the 8500C5 should work for you. BTW, be sure you have the latest BIOS before you try this memory.

Well that might be a problem then since I don't have a computer here with DDR2 memory that I could use in order to flash the BIOS in case its not current. :(

The latest BIOS for that board is F6. It is dated 1/13/2009. I doubt your board came with it.

You can go to Gigabyte's web site from another computer. If you download the latest BIOS flash to a FAT32 formatted flash drive, you can update the BIOS without having an operating system or anything else, except memory, installed. It will not harm anything to do the flash with the new memory installed.

Read the manual that came with the motherboard. It will explain how to do a BIOS flash.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, I have the same MB and just purchased TWIN2X4096-8500C7. Is the default setup in bios ok or are there some changes I should make. Machine boots fine and I'm not a big overclocker. Thanks for any help.:biggrin:

Download CPU-z from

Run CPU-z and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, I have the same MB and just purchased TWIN2X4096-8500C7. Is the default setup in bios ok or are there some changes I should make. Machine boots fine and I'm not a big overclocker. Thanks for any help.:biggrin:

Archived