Corsair Community

Johnnyguru's review on tx850

cheungtsw

He gave it a 9.5...

In what has become the norm for Corsair, their latest and greatest really is their latest and very nearly their greatest. Not only have they gone out and made the PSH platform into an excellent performer at the very top end of what it's capable of, they've produced yet another unit that will have enthusiasts far and wide using the word "Corsair" in every other sentence. And as long as they keep cranking the good units out like this, that's not a bad thing at all.

That's the issue. :roll:

I would not give a 9.5 for such workmanship.

Below are quoted from his article:

1. The soldering on the business side of the PCB is only so-so. I'd like to see just a bit cleaner work here. (there is a picture with this comment and there are some non-professional looking soldering work show on the pic).

2. Grrrrrrr! More short, loose heatsink screws! Even worse, all six of these were loose this time. As in, zero effort needed to unscrew them. I am getting tired of this, Channel Well. (another picture)

Dont get me wrong, I want to buy this PS but the workmanship is quite poor so I am still considering.

Dunno, I think you make it out to be worse than it is, maybe the reviewer is a bit picky. When they say loose screws, I guess they mean that they're not like half way in, but all the way, though not fastened real hard. CWT makes PSUs for a multitude of brands (Corsair, Thermaltake, Xigmatek, Hipers top models and so on), so if they were of bad quality we would have lots of failed units. Can't really say that they have a current track record of that.

Archived