Corsair Community

Problem with CMFUSB2.0 32GB Flash Voyager

nalsrayatko

Hi,

I bought a Corsair CMFUSB2.0 32GB Flash Voyager - 32GB USB Drive on June 21th, 2008 via http://www.amazon.com when I was in USA last summer. I have some problems with memory and believe that the product has defects. Especially, when the usage capacity of the memory exceeds 5 GB, the Vista (or Fedora 10, Gentoo with Asus M50SV-A1 laptop) could not recognize the memory. In fact, when I try to copy a big file (500mb) when its usage capacity is around 5 gb, Vista first gives an write error, then the drive letter of memory disappears from my computer section. Then, whenever I plug it to the my laptop, Vista could not recognize the memory. I have scanned for any defects and file errors in Vista, but Vista could not find any errors. The only way to solve the problem is formatting the memory, but when the usage of memory exceeds the 5gb, then the same problem stars again.

I really disappoint with that product, because I have paid 160$, but what I get is just problems. I have lost my very important files and spent too much time when trying to recover them. I want to get it repaired or changed. However, I am, currently, staying outside of the USA(in Turkey). I do not what to do. Should I send the product the local distributor or the location stated in the Corsair website?

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employees
How many files are you trying to Copy> There are limits with the Fat32 File system as to file size and the number of files that can be copied. Have you tried to format the DRIVE with NTFS to see if that helps?

Yes I know the limitation of the FAT32. Indeed, the problem is not copying of large files. The problem is that windows can no longer recognize the flash memory, when the usage capacity of the flash memory exceeds 5-6 GB. I have formatted the flash memory as NTFS, but I encounter the same problem again. I think that the memory has defects in some of its sector (parts) and it causes errors under heavy usage of the memory.

Archived