Corsair Community

woke up this morning pc stopped working?

mypeople

my pc is just about 6 months old. i woke up this morning, my pc was off. i thought the power went out or something? no power outtage. i tried turning on my pc, the power light up front goes on for about 1/2 a second and then immediately off. i look at the motherboard light and its on. nothing powers up at all. i assume its the power supply since it does nothing at all. any ideas? i think its the power supply and i'm not sure how i contact them about returning my power supply for repairs or whatever.

• Corsair Employee

I would recommend that you try the PSU functionality test from the following thread in our forum: http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=63991. If the PSU powers on and stays on, then there is a possibility that your system is triggering the OCP/OVP (overcurrent and overvoltage protection) circuits on the PSU due to an out of spec signal from the motherboard. There could also be a short or a grounding issue within the system preventing the PSU from powering on and staying on. If this is the case then I would recommend testing the PSU in a different system to be sure. If the PSU is still not powering on properly then let us know and we will be happy to replace it!

If it looks like the PSU is the culprit, then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived