Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3200C2PT config with Abit Fatal1ty AN8 sli

suprajunkie

Just purchased TWINX2048-3200C2PT. I need to know how to configure my bios for this ram. All system info in my profile.

I never messed with setting up ram.

I have both in slots 3-4. Im waiting on two other sticks of same to arrive for a total of 4gb. 2gb right now.

Please advise.

Thanks Rich

Download Memtest Version 2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from

Please Enter your BIOS, load setup defaults, save setup defaults and set to these values, save and restart.

Set your Command Rate to 2T. 
Set your DRAM speed to 333Mhz when populating four DRAM slots. 
Set Voltage Control to manual and raise your DDR SDRAM Voltage to 2.8v 
Set your nForce4 voltage to 1.3v.
Set your timing to 2-3-3-6  (tCL, tRCD, tRP, tRAS)

Leave all else on AUTO settings. Boot to the CD and allow a few passes. If stable, enter Windows and please post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

The only memory Corsair supports in a four DRAM slot population is their Quad kits and there are NO DDR Quad Kits. This does not mean two dual kits or even worse two dual kits of different versions will not work together, just that you have no recourse to RMA Corsair if they do not work together. If there are problems with the DRAM modules, they are still supported via lifetime warranty, but that is for physical defects and errors in a two stick kit mode. Matched Quad sets are highly binned modules for a four slot population. The Dual sets are tested as a kit, not a Quad and warranted as a dual kit, not a Quad setup. You need to Memtest them as Kits (2 modules, not as a four DRAM slot population). If they fail as a kit or singly, then you have RMA. Keep in mind that there is no support for mixing and matching different versions of DRAM either since different version are of different fabrications and/or manufacturers. They might work, they might not work, but you have no support if they do not work. Thus you are advised to buy all the DRAM at the same time and in this way be more assured of getting the same versions. If you buy online, be sure to specify same versions of the modules and do not expect even then that they will work.

Please research this thread:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=64360&highlight=Unpredictable+results+QUAD2X4096+Gigabyte+X38-DS5

There is a limitation of the On Motherboard (Intel) memory controller or On CPU (AMD) and a population of all four banks at the full speed of a two bank run. This limitation is across the board with both AMD and Intel chipset based boards, DDR, DDR2 and DDR3.

Archived