Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9DHX showing up as 1066Mhz on new system

steppinthrax

So I don't know if you can see my system specs. I bought a Foxconn BlackOps board with X48 chipset. The board can support up to 2000mhz on the memory.

I pop in 2 sticks of cm3x2g1600c9dhx. (see link below)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145200

My new motherboard indicates 4 gigs of 1066. I went into the settings playing with the voltage (set at 1.6 by default) increasing it to 1.801. Modifying the CAS to 9-9-9-24. The board will only show the memory up to 1066.

Here is the link to my CPU-Z stats. I imagine I'm making a newbie mistake somewhere.

http://tiger.towson.edu/~hzaidi1/memory/memory.jpg

Hy there

see your printscreen on cpu-z memory snapshot

it says there that you have 4096 mbytes and this in 4 gb ddr ;)

the memory is right detected on your system.

about the speed - try to set on bios manually what you need.

Sorry, I know I have 4 gigs of memory. However, The speed is the problem. It shows up as 1066Mhz. I can increase the FSB which in turn increases the Processor FSB and the Memory FSB. But I can't increase the Memory FSB without increasing the Prosessor FSB.

Correct, you need to OC the rig. Memory speed's limited by the FSB in that rig.

I was told by someone I need to "unsync" the memory???? I thought he meant put a ram mod in each bank????

Your telling me some MB have dual fsb one for mem and one for processor. This is supposed to be a high end board LOL...

I was told by someone I need to "unsync" the memory???? I thought he meant put a ram mod in each bank????

Unsyncing the memory does not apply to Intel Chipsets. You can not unsync your memory. You have a Q6600 Core2 Quad and it has a 266Mhz FSB. You would have to overclock the processor from 266Mhz FSB to 400Mhz FSB to achieve a stable ratio with your 1600Mhz DRAM.

Do you have aftermarket cooling?

• Corsair Employees
Look for an option in your BIOS relating to the DRAM frequency. You should be able to select a memory frequency or divider that will allow you to run the memory at a higher speed than the CPU frequency. This should also be detailed in your manual.

Archived