Corsair Community

I Need Help With NVidia 630i Settings

robbytherobot

:confused: Hi I've tried CompUSA's suggested settings of 5-5-5-12-T1 with no luck. I've tried 5-5-5-12-T2 v.1.9 per most others posts with no luck.

I get lots of Blue screens of death. Ranging from WRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT to NO_NAME_HERE just BSOD

Has happened since I built my system first with XP SP3 now with Win7 64 Bit.

Mem-Test Errors in Test 5 with both sticks in.

Both sticks pass seperately with BIOS defaults.

Your suggested settings are for ASUS boards but I have the XFX MG-63MI-7159 NForce 630i 7150 that has quite a few different settings (see pics in album awaiting moderators OK).

I'm thinking Intel EIST Disabled to force the manual settings instead of letting windows control them, am I right in thinking that?I

have no idea what Spread Spectrum is or if it should be on or off.

Auto Disabled DIMM/PCI Frequency??????

The suggestions you make for PCI-E Frequency say Auto but I only have 100 on Up no auto?????

And you say to make the CPU Frequency 200 but that doesn't work at all since my CPU is a Q6600 2.4 Ghz it's 266x9.

And what about:

tRRD Manual/Auto?

tRC Manual/Auto?

tWR Manual/Auto?

tWTR Manual/Auto?

I thought I knew quite a bit about MB settings but I can't for the life of me get both sticks to play well with this XFX board.

The most realistic thing I can come up with is that DIMM Slot 2 is bad, but I still get BSOD once in a while with only one stick in DIMM Slot 1.

Any help on these settings would be much appreciated.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

I would only set these settings every thing else should be at auto:

Cas - 5

TRCD 5

TRP - 5

TRAS 15

TRC - 24

C/R 2T

If you still have not errors when testing one up and get errors in test 5 when in D/C try moving the modules to the second set of slots and repeat the steps.

I have the latest BIOS. Each stick passes memtest 2.11 separately so I think if something is bad it's the board not the RAM.

It only has 2 slots though so if slot 2 is bad I will have to get the board replaced. There are no ther slots to move them to.

Thanks for the insight on the 2.0 voltage and the tRC 24. I'll try it when I get home from work.

I tried 5-5-5-15-2T but it still blue screened a lot.

I'll try with the voltage at 2 and the tRC at 24.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

No thoughts on the stuff below huh?

I'm thinking Intel EIST Disabled to force the manual settings instead of letting windows control them, am I right in thinking that?

I have no idea what Spread Spectrum is or if it should be on or off.

Auto Disabled DIMM/PCI Frequency Enabled/Disabled

The suggestions you make for PCI-E Frequency say to set it to Auto but I only have 100 on Up to 200 No Auto.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks A Million, I'll post tonight after I try them.

Thanks for all your help. I tried those settings but it Blue Screens even worse. I will have time to play with it this weekend. I will try your suggested settings with just one stick in DIMM 1 Slot. It seems to be stable on defaults. If it's stable with just one in, then I will be sure it's the MoBo and get it replaced. They both pass MemTest individually so it can't be the memory. Thanks Again!:sigh!:

Archived