Corsair Community

Slow Voyager 32Gb

bigwob

Hi Ram guy,

I've had an incling that my new 32Gb Voyager seemed slower than my old 16Gb but last night I set a 16Gb file copy going and after the first 2 hours decided to leave it running overnight.

I had the drive formatted as NTFS but having read a few posts here, I followed the suggestions and formatted to Fat32 (although this is not what I'd prefer long term).

Things don't look any quicker though - I downloaded & ran HDBench, and for a 100Mb file I got the following results :-

All :- 6599

Read :- 21566

Write :-7670

RandomRead :- 21566

RandomWrite :- 1992

I've downloaded the SDCardFormatter but I've not used it yet having read a post that said it was useless if Windows Format succeded in formatting the drive (which it did).

Can you advise whatI I should do next?

Cheers,

BigWob.

• Corsair Employee
The speeds you posted are about normal for that drive so I am not sure what you are expecting, And the person who posted that comment was not a Corsair Person so I would try the SD Card format as it will likely improve the performance.

The speeds you posted are about normal for that drive so I am not sure what you are expecting, And the person who posted that comment was not a Corsair Person so I would try the SD Card format as it will likely improve the performance.

Hi RG,

Really? it's just the drive seems pretty slow, and my figures (21k read/ 7.6k write) didn't seem a million miles away from the ones (18.3k read / 9.9k write)) in this post :-

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=359924

What figures would you genreally expect for the 32Gb?

I'll try that SD formatter in the meantime,

Chreers,

BigWob

Archived