Corsair Community

Asus Striker II Extreme Corsair Mem Recommedation for 4x2GB

smiley2360

Hi there

I am fighting actually with my none corsair ram to get it stable configured. I got a total of 8GB 1600 MHz Ram with nice timings but don't get them stable....

So after a while I decided to change the ram and go back to what I always used: my good old corsair ram's

Don't wanna overclock just want to get a stable system with 8 GB of RAM (need it for business). FSB 1333 and Mem Bus 1600 MHz

Can anybody recommend me some Corsair 2x2 GB Ram's with 1600 MHz, nice timings but not very important, that I can run with 8 GB and he can recommend me his timings that are stable for him????

Cheers

So if I understand you right, when going with 8 GB I will need to get two kits at the moment (at least this was what I saw on the available module list, that there is no fitting 8 GB kit for Asus Striker II Extreme)....

So acutally first of all come done to the mem to fsb ratio that I did not really understand yet... I am having a Intel QX9650 Quad processor in.

As far as I understand it, it's very important to hit for a mem / fsb ratio of 1:1 to get the system stable in long term.... So what is the right memory Speed (MHz) for that cpu?? Is there any sense in 1600 MHz memory if I'am not aiming for overclocking but a fast system with what I have that is stable???.

What would be the right ram Bus Speed????

So if I understand you right, when going with 8 GB I will need to get two kits at the moment (at least this was what I saw on the available module list, that there is no fitting 8 GB kit for Asus Striker II Extreme)....

Correct. There is NO support for two kits of two modules. There is support for a Quad kit, however there are no Quad kits of DDR3 which means there is no support for more than one kit of two modules.. One kit that holds four modules. Otherwise you take a chance that they will work and you are advised to drop the DRAM speed if you do get two kits to work.

So acutally first of all come done to the mem to fsb ratio that I did not really understand yet... I am having a Intel QX9650 Quad processor in.

As far as I understand it, it's very important to hit for a mem / fsb ratio of 1:1 to get the system stable in long term.... So what is the right memory Speed (MHz) for that cpu?? Is there any sense in 1600 MHz memory if I'am not aiming for overclocking but a fast system with what I have that is stable???.

What would be the right ram Bus Speed????

If you buy two kits, you are advised to try and get two kits of the same model and version. Then you are advised to drop the bandwidth of the stated models and raise the memory controller voltage. In other words, if you purchase two kits of 1600Mhz modules of the same version, then you are advised to set the DRAM to 1333Mhz.

Ok so I would take the risk that the two kits don't fit and in order to get them running I am lowering the bandwith down one ratio....

Which setting is the Memory Controller voltage?

Generelly doing so won't this damage my computer in long term even if do it very carefully?

Means you'r recommedation of 1600 MHz ram that I'ld best run the module on 1333 with my processor anway or is it just an example that I have to lower to the next smaller setting?

Is there any right memory speed for the QX9650 (3GHz) running with FSB at 333 or can I use what ever I like as long as I lower it???

• Corsair Employees
Means you'r recommedation of 1600 MHz ram that I'ld best run the module on 1333 with my processor anway or is it just an example that I have to lower to the next smaller setting?

Is there any right memory speed for the QX9650 (3GHz) running with FSB at 333 or can I use what ever I like as long as I lower it???

Anything over 1066 with all 4 memory slots filled is going to be a bonus due to the load of 4 modules on the memory controller. You'll need to select 2 kits of memory, get them stable at 1066, and then try clocking upwards from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Hmm when setting the fsb to 1600 MHz I have to overclock my CPU (QX9650) what I don't want.... the system seems to be stable with the settings you given, but don't can install windows....

Can you recommend settings for FSB 1333 with 6 GB RAM timings given from corsair 9-9-9-24 @ 1.65 vt (but I leave them on 1.64vt because I can't select 1.65)

regards

it's just crashing with blue screen when installing... I don't have a system installed yet....

Memtest 86+ run's through twice but windows bluescreeens during installing with an error stating that there has been a problem with my hardware and the system was shut down to prevent damage

Ok

I also saw that I did'nt set some settings you reccomended:

CPU PLL Voltage and CPU VTT Voltage: Didn't set the VTT voltage as when setting to 1.34vt (I only an accuracy of 2 on even numbers) my mainboard marks it with a warning as the voltage is to high. Can this be?

The Memory Voltage I set to 1.64 (1.65vt is the spec from corsair).... The other one is the FSB Speed.... Don't I damage my QX9650 when overclocking it to 3.6 GHz??? I'am not having a extreme CPU....

Shall I still set the SB / NB Voltage to 1.5vt ????

You seem rather worried about settings so I can see you are not at all advanced in system integration.

Please disregard all my settings.

I advise you to take the hardware to someone who is advanced in system integration and have them install and test your system for stability.

I have edited my settings and deleted them.

Ok

I also saw that I did'nt set some settings you reccomended:

CPU PLL Voltage and CPU VTT Voltage: Didn't set the VTT voltage as when setting to 1.34vt (I only an accuracy of 2 on even numbers) my mainboard marks it with a warning as the voltage is to high. Can this be?

The Memory Voltage I set to 1.64 (1.65vt is the spec from corsair).... The other one is the FSB Speed.... Don't I damage my QX9650 when overclocking it to 3.6 GHz??? I'am not having a extreme CPU....

Shall I still set the SB / NB Voltage to 1.5vt ????

Hm I did was you said and I am just worried about the overclocking of my CPU and would like if this normaly is without problem or not, as when setting the CPU voltages as suggested, my motherboard indicates the one setting as yellow what means it warns from doing so. This is the only reason I am asking. That I might damage a component with such a configuration is clear.

The other question comming up from the cpu question is, if the other voltage settings correlate to the cpu voltage....

That's all. I would just like to gather also some knowledge about the configuratation stuff by the way and increase knowledge.

I am just worried about the overclocking of my CPU

Anything over 1066 with all 4 memory slots filled is going to be a bonus due to the load of 4 modules on the memory controller. You'll need to select 2 kits of memory, get them stable at 1066, and then try clocking upwards from there.

Please disregard my original settings. My advise is for you to take the machine into a shop and have them diagnose. Be certain that the shop is insured and that should deal with your worry.

I am now bowing out of this thread entirely.

Archived