Corsair Community

Can't get TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF to run at 1066

w00d88

Hey guys!!

Please refer to my system specs.

I can't get my memory to run at 1066. I go into BIOS and tell it to configure my memory manually. I past the post test just fine, load up on windows just fine and then about 5 minutes in or so, I get the Windows Blue Screen of death and a reboot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks HUGE in advance!

It is not an easy thing to get the Phenom to run with 1066Mhz on the DRAM. More people don't than do. I advise you to return the 1066Mhz DRAM and purchase 800Mhz DRAM.

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

Boot to the memtest CD and allow for two full passes.

Results?

I actually got it working last night. I went into BIOS and manually changed the speed to 1066ghz. I also changed the clocks from AUTO to 5,5,5,15,31,2T. I did not changed voltage so I am not sure if it's at 1.8 or 2.1.

Should I manually change voltage to 2.1?

I've had ZERO problems gaming and Blue Screen of deaths from windows. All seems stable for now.

Have you memtested the DRAM? Set the voltage to 2.1v.

Download CPU-z from-->

Boot to the memtest CD and test for two full passes. Then, if stable, enter Windows and post your CPU-z CPU/Memory and SPD tabs in screenshots.

I actually got it working last night. I went into BIOS and manually changed the speed to 1066ghz. I also changed the clocks from AUTO to 5,5,5,15,31,2T. I did not changed voltage so I am not sure if it's at 1.8 or 2.1.

Should I manually change voltage to 2.1?

I've had ZERO problems gaming and Blue Screen of deaths from windows. All seems stable for now.

Archived