Corsair Community

FV 8GB: conection error; cant read; cant mount

Jowanni

Dear Readers,

FV one year old. 3 Partitions: FAT~3GB, EXT3~53MB,EXT3~5GB. Bootable (Debian)

In Windows the first Partition could be seen and used. In Linux all Partitions could be used. When used as boot device all partitions could be used. --Until yesterday...

Today I connected to the windows computer: Unknown usb device found. Then I tried another computer running Linux: nothing happend.

Let's try whether it finds it self: I booted from the FV into the system on the stick. It worked. I rebooted the computer to windows again: connected the FV: FV found: access via explorer. remove hardware. Next i tried the Linux Computer: it worked again. Made a backup of the data. unmounted the FV.

*some hours went by*

connected to Linux Computer: did not work again. Tried Windows: did not work. Rebooted from the FV: worked and subsequently it worked in Windows and on the Linux Computer. I experimented with some Linux live cds on a third computer (old hardware (PII)) was able to mount.

*some time went by*

tried the live cd system again: not able to mount. Went to the other PC and booted from the FV: worked. tried it again on the livecd system: worked.

to keep the long story short i finaly went home from work. wrote something on my home system (old hw: usb 1.1), wanted to copy it on the FV: did not work. checked the kernel log (came to my mind that very moment in history) and found:

usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 11

usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71

usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 12

usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 13

usb 2-1: device not accepting address 13, error -71

usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 14

usb 2-1: device not accepting address 14, error -71

usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 15

usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 16

usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 17

usb 2-1: device not accepting address 17, error -71

usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 18

usb 2-1: device not accepting address 18, error -71

Summary: can you please help, i tried the FV on 4 differnt systems ether direct at the mother board or via a cable and on windows and linux on old and new hw, what is the problem and how can i fix it?

many thanks in advance

kind regards

Jowanni

ps: and i searched the www, but i did not get a clue. at the homesystem i tried various other usb devices (mouse, mp3 player, external hd) which worked as expected.

Archived