Corsair Community

1 set twinx CMX512-3200LL P4C800 Deluxe

Capin

I installed 1 set of Twinx CMX512-3200LL in my Asus P4C800 Deluxe mobo. When trying to install my favorite game about halfway through the instalation of the first disk I get an Error 1335 Data1.cab which indicates a memory problem I have also seen mem error messages from the OS Win XP Pro. first thing I did was switch the modules around same prob. then I removed the module from dimm slot B1 the game installed and played fine. So I reinstalled the suspect module for the 1gig dual channel effect game says memory could not be read. Do I have a bad module? Do I need to change the mem timings in the bios? This machine is used as a gaming server so I need the dual channel 1 gig of memory.

• Corsair Employees
Please try setting the timings manually to the tested settings Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. Then please run [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] on the system. In addition you will need to Disable legacy USB support when running any memory test, and if you do get errors please test the modules one at a time and lets make sure one is not failing!

I am a little unclear on the timing settings here is how it's listed in the bios dram cas# latency options 2 or 2.5 or 3 dram ras# precharge " " 2 or 3 or 4 dram ras# to cas# delay " " 2 or 3 or 4 dram precharge delay " " 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 dram burst length " " 4 or 8 How should they be set to rum memtest? And thanks Ram Guy

• Corsair Employees
In jumperfree disable AI over clocking Performance Mode: Auto CPU Freq: 200 Memory Freq: 400 Dim Voltage: 2.75 Volts Dram cas# latency 2 Dram ras# precharge 2 Dram ras# to cas# delay 3 Dram precharge delay 6 Dram burst length 4

OK Ram Guy looks like I gots a bad module I did some switching and many times. One of the two CMX512-3200LL's is consistantly showing a (could not be read mem error) in the game that I was having the inital problems with. I ran memtest on both modules and the suspect module had many errors! RMA?

• 3 years later...
a bit off-topic.... i've 3 modules of CMX512-3200LL...i used them for over 3 years, they have always worked perfectly... i never modified timings but now, i want to squeeze my system (that is indicated in my profile) anyway i tried to switch to the suggested configuration 2-3-2-6 @ 2.75V system works fine but when benchmarking with AIDA32 i get worse results than before let me know what i can do about it....thanks

My PSU is Ok. It's a REAL 350W, so this value is not only a peak value... It works fine even stressing CPU e GPU (gaming & graphic apps) I know that, with just two modules, it should be faster (cause of dual channel enabled) But I want to use all three modules... I'm also searching another module of CMX512-3200LL to use it in dual chan with 4 modules... Anyway I can't understood why benchmarks show worse results with faster timings ... help me! :D:

• Corsair Employees
The First post in this thread is: [QUOTE]I installed 1 set of Twinx CMX512-3200LL in my Asus P4C800 Deluxe mobo. When trying to install my favorite game about halfway through the instalation of the first disk I get an Error 1335 Data1.cab which indicates a memory problem I have also seen mem error messages from the OS Win XP Pro. first thing I did was switch the modules around same prob. then I removed the module from dimm slot B1 the game installed and played fine. So I reinstalled the suspect module for the 1gig dual channel effect game says memory could not be read. Do I have a bad module? Do I need to change the mem timings in the bios? This machine is used as a gaming server so I need the dual channel 1 gig of memory.[/QUOTE] If this is not your post please start your own thread.

Archived