Corsair Community

Slow Voyager GT 16s

rogerard

I just recently purchased two 16GB GTs and they both seem to be running slow. After reading the forums, I followed the steps that have been outlined for confirming performance issues. I verified that they were optimized for performance in Device Management, Formatted as FAT32 using the Format <drive> /fs:fat32 /u command and ran HDBENCH to test their performance. The results obtained are as follows:

DRIVE READ WRITE RREAD RWRITE

CORSAIR1 15417 12089 15676 3210

CORSAIR2 17756 12045 17288 3469

Also, see attached screenshot.

Regards

Roger

Results.thumb.jpg.e1bde7f65459302113081136f33ded7c.jpg

I realize that the GT version has been discontinued from manufacture, so what does that mean for our replacements? According to Corsair's warranty statement on its website,

WHAT HAPPENS IF I RETURN A PART UNDER THIS WARRANTY?

The part you return will be tested upon receipt at Corsair. If the part is a good part according to Corsair’s test, it may be shipped back to you, or it may be replaced with an equivalent part. If the part fails Corsair’s test, it will be replaced by an equivalent (or better) part that passes the test.

Would we get a refurbished/repaired model (which I'm fine with, as long they perform to specs) or would we receive an speed inferior model to the ones that were purchased?

Thanks

Roger

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry I do not have the answer for that I would suggest contacting our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “3” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the replacement options!

Archived