Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-6400C5 and P5Q SE2

twivel

Hello,

When I run this memory in my system one module at a time, it passes memtest86+ up to 20% (I didn't go further). When I run it in dual channel mode, it fails before it even gets to 5% with memory errors.

Any suggestions? I'm using factory default MB settings and memory by SPD. No overclocking.

You may have to increase the voltage a bit since you're running 4 sticks. What's the version # of each pair?

All have the same version #: 4.2

Note that dual channel with 2 sticks also has this problem.

These are 1.80V default I think. So try 1.9? 2.0? Not sure what "a bit" means.

Thanks!

OK, I tried both 1.9 and 2.0 V and it seemed to get a bit farther than before, but in both cases it still reported errors. Not sure how far to go on voltage though.

I tested all 4 modules one at a time on memtest86+ pass 0 to 20% with no errors.

When I go to two modules in dual channel mode, it didn't get to 2% on pass 0 without errors.

More Results:

Testing a single module in either of the channel A slots works fine. Testing it in either of the channel B slots shows errors. Looking in the motherboard manual, it says that the board does not support a memory module made up of 128MB chips. It looks like that's what these are made with (16 chips on each 2048MB memory module). Does that make any sense? It's a P45 chipset.

Thanks

Why 20%? It stopped, or did you stop it?

That's just when I chose to stop the test... I figured it failed at 1-2% with two modules, getting to 20% was pretty good. If I got a stable final configuration, of course I'd run it much longer.

Ok, let me correct my earlier statement. The manual says it doesn't support 128Mb (megabit) not 128MB (megabyte) chips. So scratch my note about the manual saying these modules aren't supported. Given that I cannot get one module to test out with SPD settings in either slot on channel B, I think the board is defective and am going to return it.

Archived