Corsair Community

REpeated Bsod's and inablity to get to 1066

Hemorrhage

Hello, I'm having some issues. First off i CANNOT get this memory to run at 1066...I have tried multiple different Bios settings to absolutely no avail. When I say "cannot" I mean i cant even get it to boot....no less stable. I cannot run the settings posted in the previous thread as atm I have a stock cooler on my chip. Secondly at the stock settings (400 mhz) I am having repeated Bsod's. The timing of these Bsod's is completely random...Sometimes while surfing the web to crashing in the middle of playing various games. I get the standard error 0x10000050 each time but after running memtest 2.11 for a long period of time I have no memory errors. I am extremely disappointed by this as I have tried repeatedly with no results. If someone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Atm the DDR2 is 400 and the cpu bus is auto....if I change to those settings the pc will not boot. The bios is up-to-date. I have tried numerous settings to get the ram to 533 settings to no avail. 400 is what the bios defaulted to when I reloaded optimized defaults for the bios after tryin several different bios setups in other threads to get it to boot in 533 mode. I will attempt to get some screenies of cpuz....what are you lookin for in particular?

timings, ratio, etc...

im assuming you only have 2 sticks, correct?

if the sticks are passing memtest then have you by chance checked your event logs to maybe see any indication of a driver issue or temp issue?

speaking of, what are your temps after say 5 minutes in the bios?

This is the event log error that I get after rebooting once the Bsod hits

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xcdb80000, 0x00000000, 0x8063ffa0, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011809-13.dmp. Which once again points back to the memory.

2-2gig sticks of 8500 c5d is what I'm running. I have tested both sticks with memtest with no returned errors. As far as temps cpu idles between 21-22 in the bios after running for 10-15 mins.

Here are the screenies of cpuz.... http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5719/cpuzscreenieop1.jpg

All i want to do is get stable....I have not been able to do that even at 800 mhz....no less 1066 where it wont even boot. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Alright hoping the info above helps and thanks to those who have given me input already.

timings, ratio, etc...

im assuming you only have 2 sticks, correct?

speaking of, what are your temps after say 5 minutes in the bios?

Are you using 4 DIMMs?

You need to answer questions.

• Corsair Employees
hey, how many volts you throwing at the ram?

Please try clearing the CMOS and setting the RAM timings and voltage manually using 1 module. Boot the first time at 400 using these rated timings and voltage. If it boots successfully, try raising the frequency to 533.

ok, im not giving up quite yet, see if you can boot in safe mode and see how long it lasts if it BSODs. if some rogue driver is not crashing the PC then at this point see if you can get memtest86 to run a few passes one more time testing each stick individually. if that passes even at 400Mhz then i would see about RMAing the motherboard. we have eliminated a few things so far so give these suggestions a whirl. if the ram fails memtest86 then im sure you will get an RMA from these guys no problem.

good luck hemmi ;)

Archived