Corsair Community

Random blue-screens after memory replacement

MrZumma

A few weeks ago my machine started randomly blue-screening when idling and under normal usage. I ran memtest and found one pair of two TWIN2X4096-6400C5 to be bad. I RMA's those modules, reinstalled Vistax64 and still have random blue-screen and application crashing issues. I have run memtest on all modules over night and have received no errors. I do have a number of minidump files that all have the following in common:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,

it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it

is pointing at freed memory.

Arguments:

Arg1: fffff8820eb4df78, memory referenced.

Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.

Arg3: fffff80001d0f0c0, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory

address.

Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)

The only difference is the process and image name which are different for each occurance.

Attached are the minidump files that have been created since installing the replacement memory and the reinstallation of Vista x64.

Thanks for any help and direction.

Marty

Minidump.zip

• Corsair Employees

If you are not getting errors with memtest thay type of error may be caused by failing cache int he CPU of the memory =controller may be failing.

Can you test the modules in another system to see if the problem follows the memory?

• Corsair Employees
NP Please let me know how you make out and should you need to get them replaced I would suggest contacting our customer service and let them know your last RMA number and they will help you since you just got these from us.

Thanks for the help RG. I put the memory in another pc, ran memtest and Prime95 for a few hours each and had no problems. I then put the memory back in my pc, ran the same tests and have yet to have a blue-screen.

We'll just let it go and see what happens..

Thanks again!

RG,

Intel is telling me the TWIN2X4096-6400C5 memory is 1.90V memory and their DP35DP system board requires 1.8V memory. The modules that I have do show 1.80V on them but the spec. sheet on Corsair's site shows 1.90V.

Can you explain it to me? Thanks!

Archived