Corsair Community

Need help with my ram

luichi21

I recently bought a new memory stick from newegg.com XMS 512, PC-3200C2PT to be exact. The memory is the same kind as I had before so it should work in theory. When I put the new memory in my computer (I put it in properly) the computer didn’t start. To make the story short both memory sticks work properly by themselves but when you put them together they don’t work at all. In a closer inspection I noticed that even though both sticks are the same the voltage is different, my old stick is CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v1.2, while the new one is CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v3.1. What can I do? This is the only memory Newegg.com has that is supposed to be like the one I already had. Please help me.

• Corsair Employees
The two different REV of memory will require you to manually set the timings with one stick in and then place the other stick of memory into the system. Let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
The recommended BIOS settings for that board are: AI Overclock: Manual CPU Ext. Freq: 200 DDR Freq: 400 DDR Voltage: 2.7X Performance Mode: Standard DRAM Set by SPD: Disabled SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T USB Legacy: Disabled

• 5 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
VS memory should always be set by SPD. What type of memory problems are you having? You can test your memory modules with Memtest86 ([url]www.memtest.org[/url]). Let me know if you get errors. Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
When you state that you can not run dual channel, do you get errors while running in dual channel or does the post screen say you are running in single channel mode? 2x VS modules will work in dual channel when configured properly for the MB in question. Have you tested each module one at a time? What are the results of your testing? Please let me know. Thanks!

Archived