Corsair Community

Question about the Corsair HX-1000. Is it a modified Channel Well?

jasonelmore

I've been reading up on the Corsair HX1000 and have known the power supply to be a really good unit for the past year. I've heard from several sources that the Corsair HX1000 is actually a modified 1200W Channel Well. Now this has become a argument with many of us in the tech forums. There are some say it's not but i've heard from several sources that it is in fact true. A Corsair rep on hexus.net confirmed the statement for example. Can someone for Corsair please clear this up?

At the top of the page in the "Reviews of our Psu's" sticky you'll find something that should help.

I looked at both reviews posted in the stickies.. Could'nt find where either site said anything about it being a modified channel well. Hardware Canucks just said that it was made by Channel Well Technology. I thought Ram guy would know or could ask someone. Thanks

From the [H] review ;

"The HX1000W is built on the same CWT PUC platform that the Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w we reviewed last year was built on but there are some changes here."

Doesn't come right out and say it's a modified CWT, but you can certainly take it that way.

Archived