Corsair Community

Replacement memory just as bad:0(

dkisosondi

I just got my replacement memory in, it is just as bad as the first set. I can only get 1 stick to POST, and if it does it is iffy and usually results in a system lockup. If I try and use both sticks, I get the BEEP, BEEP, BEEP memory error. It is only running at 800Mhz, half of what it supposed to. I have tried to up the voltage to 2.1v. This is a working system, my other Corsair memory is working great, this Dominator stuff is horrible. I will try it in my other system that is rated for 1066 memory, but last time I could not get it to work.

Ideas Please!!!

• Corsair Employees

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

And did you test them in another MB getting two sets that are failing would be hard to do from us especially two modules from the same set would be close to impossible.

cm2x1024-8500C5D XMS2-8500 1024MB 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 2.1v Ver4.2 (Both Modules)

System 1

MB - Abit AB9 Pro (1066/800 MHz)

CPU - Intel Pentium D 3.4 GHz 800MHz FSb

All settings by SPD, did try to up the DDR voltage to 2.1 and manually set the bus to 400MHz (800). This is a working system that I have had for about 2 years. It works fine with my other Corsair memory. ( 2 TWIN2X1024A-6400 Kits)

System 2 (New system)

MB - Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (1600-1333MHz)

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz (1066FSB)

All settings by SPD, No overclocking. I have some OCZ PC2 8500 Memory that works just fine in this system. Would not post with both stick, with one stick it would. This board defaults the DDR voltage at 1.8v, so I was able to change it to 2.1. It now accepts the second module and am currently running memtest on it. My first set would not do this.

Problem is, I did not purchase the memory for this system, I purchased it as an upgrade for system 1.

The memory is successfully working in system 2. I just put the memory that was in the system in system 1. It works fine there, unlike the Corsair modules. From reading about the Corsair modules, and post after post of people haveing the same problem, I have come to the conclusion that the memory is either poor quality or just extremely picky about what it goes in and what it will work with. I have been an exclusively Corsair customer for 10 years, unfortunatly the last 2 times I have purchased your product, I have had DOA sticks. I guess it is time to move on to another company.

• Corsair Employees

The reason the modules will not run at DDR1066 with system one was because of the CPU Speed with the CPU you had the memory would not be able run faster than the CPU FSB.

And these modules will not run at DDR1066 with the SPD settings unless you use a MB that support EPP Profiles.

I know they will not run @ 1066, I only wanted them to run at 800. 1 stick would (but not stable), the other wouldn't. I tried to manually set the speed to 400MHz for the memory controler and still no go. The only thing I didn't do was manually set the timings.

• Corsair Employees

Please try and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and if you run them at DDR800 they might run at Cas 4-4-4-12 at 2T C/R and Command Rate will havr to be manually set if its listed.

If you still have problems we can get it or them replaced, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived