Corsair Community

VS2GSDS667D2 not working in Toshiba Sattelite A135-S4467

jayman80

I have got this RAM kit and installed it, and my laptop did not boot up. I then repeated the steps of installation to make sure I got it in properly, and then it worked. But here is the funny part, it does not always boot up. I would say that it boots up about 30-40% of the time. I have to reset over and over again until it does work. But when it boots up, its runs fine. I called the retailer I bought it from, and they said that it maybe a defective unit, so they sent me another one. It booted up fine on the first try, but after that, I have encountered the same problem as before. Any idea on what might be the problem?

first batch number is 08495051 and the second is 08495051.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also I plugged in my old RAM just to see, if it was my laptop and not the RAM, but the old RAM works 100% of the time with no problem. I don't know what the problem is. It works SOMETIMES with the 4 gb of RAM. All I get is a black screen, no HDD running, just a black screen. It often requires a few resets before actually booting up, and when it does, it works fine.

• 2 months later...
problem solved. i just needed to have my bios updated and then everything worked fine.
How did u upgrade the BIOS - I am having same problem - Toshiba Satellite works with one 2GB and one old 1GB ttl 3GB - but I have an acer that does not work with 2GB and 1GB old combo or 2+2 combo or 2+1 combo nor with 2GB+512MB combo but works fine with one 2GB help plz.

Using Acer Aspire 3610 - XP Pro - I tried using 2GB+1GB combitnation it does not recognize and does not boot up.

Someone mentioned that upgrading the BIOS will help.

Acer simply said it is not designed for 3GB.

An older Toshiba Satellite reads 2+1GB combo no problem

Any help will be appreciated - Thanks.

• 3 months later...
VS2GSDS667D2 is a PC 5300 that runs at 667MHz the Toshiba A135-4467 motherboard runs at 533MHz which is PC 4200, which can be confusing......I bought the same module, it may.....work some times.....I do not believe the Bus speed can be "overclocked" to ensure it will boot every time.

Archived