Corsair Community

Flash Voyager water resistant? Req re-boot?

mgladst

Hi,

I recently bought a Flash Voyager Mini drive - you claim that the product is water resistant, but it does not look like it would withstand exposure to water, unless the actual memory unit is a hermetically sealed enclosure - is this so?

Also, when I plug the drive into my home PC running Windows XP, a message appears stating that the drive software requires the PC to be re-booted - is this necessary?

Thanks,

Mark.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to bump the OP's second question about getting a "reboot needed" message when attaching MINI 4GB. I got that same message, but I also got with that a strange behavior: the drive kept disappearing, then reappearing in Windows Explorer looking at "my computer".

And the systray icon for "add remove hardware" kept appearing/disappearing just along with the MINI drive.

The "found new hardware" comes up and says that a problem occured...and might not work properly.

My MINI has worked fine on several computers, so I'm not expecting it is bad, but at the same time, this computer it happened on is not the newest by any means but not ancient either. WinXP, 1.4GHz, all updates done on a fresh reinstall of XP. So I'm more just interested if anyone else saw such behavior.

Or if for some reason the technology on the MINI might be such as that this would occur only for it.

Older flash drives have worked fine on that same computer, as well as a WD USB harddrive.

Well, thanks RAM GUY, but I'm not even sure anything is WRONG with it. And whether it is worth shipping back in, I don't know either.

I guess the main thing I was hoping to see in a forum atmosphere here was if other users had seen the same thing and might have found solution, or found something on the computer that was the problem, etc.

Yes, I do have one more question, and that is, as long as I went to all packing it up and shipping it back, could I apply that cost towards getting an 8GB MINI sent back, rather than the 4GB? That is stay with the MINI product but upgrade the capacity?

Archived