Corsair Community

vx550 fan rubbing in brand new psu

aw1960

I just got a new vx550 and the fan is rubbing the plastic half cover under the fan. I can hold down the plastic deflector with a small punch and it stops and makes no noise. I can fix it very easy, but it will void my warranty. I hate to sent it back, I just got it yesterday. Been waiting for over a week for it and want to game sorta bad since its too cold to do much outside. The plastic piece is kinked somehow and its a easy fix. Ram Guy I can fix it and dont want to send back, if I do that will my warranty still be good and it would save you and me money. Thank you for the great power supplies, its my third corsair and the best they are I think. Thanks if you read this.

Allen

• Corsair Employees
Try loosening the 4 fan screws about 1/4 of a turn. If this does not resolve the rubbing, we will need to replace it for you. Please use the TSX Express link in my signature below to start your RMA if needed.

I tried the four screws, no change, But I have found out exactly what it is. The plastic deflector is not touching the fan, one screw must be loose on it from the bottom side and causing it to vibrate, I can see it with a flashlight moving and when its turned off, i can move one side of the plastic deflector maybe a 16th of an inch. I guess I just voided my warranty and opened it up and the screw was not tightened. After tightening it, all is well, no more rubbing or vibrating noise. I probably just blew my warranty, but its fine now. Its just 100 dollars, will buy another one regardless of warranty cause I really like these power supplies. I have two more older models and use corsair for all my builds and all customer builds unless they specify another brand. I still try to talk them out of it, sometimes it works and they are happy and they have a great power supply with Corsair written on the side.

Thanks Ram Guy, and thanks Corsair, its hard to beat your supplies, memory too!

Allen

Thanks Ram Guy, maybe the oem or person building it just forgot or possibly thought it was tight enough, mistakes happen, thats why we all are human. I am happy, and thats what counts for all customers. Will always buy as long as yall still sell them.

Archived