Corsair Community

P4P800 deluxe + CMX512-3200C2

mrfoxy76

About 4 months ago i purchased a P4P800 deluxe and at the time could only afford one stick of CMX512-3200C2. recently i purchased another stick and now when it boots up shows memory is DDR266 as opposed to DDR400 with the one stick. is there anyway i can get these to run at DDR400? thanks Marc

the memory sticks read the following CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v1.2 (0407083) and CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v1.2 (0328889) i have a P4 2.4ghz 800mhz fsb when i boot up it now says dual channel is there a way i can check the memory settings (ie the speed) perhaps a shareware program that can do it? again any help appreciated thx Marc

• Corsair Employees
Sure, AIDA32, or [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] will give you the timings it’s running at. However with these modules I would suggest that you set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the memory Frequency to 400 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. In addition, when running Memtest you will need to disable legacy USB support as well. Just disable AI Over clocking under jumper free configuration and you will see the memory Freq and voltage settings!

ram guy i set it up as follows: Configure dram timing by spd (disabled) dram cas # latency (2.5 clocks) dram ras # precharge (3 clocks) dram # to cas # delay (3 clocks) dram precharge delay (7 clocks) burst length (8 clocks) the other choice is 4 clocks memory acceleration mode (AUTO) dram idle timer (AUTO) dram refreshing rate (AUTO) i cannot find in the bios where i can change the DIM VOLTAGE or FREQUENCY? any clues also can you tell me if the above settings are correct. again thanks in advance Marc

Archived