Corsair Community

GA-P35C-DS3R with TW3X4G1600C9DHX

joutei

That is because of the CPU you have installed, to run the memory at DDR1333 you would need to over clock your CPU to a 1333 FSB or have a 1333FSB CPU.

Hi i have the same problem, it even says DDR3-SDRAM PC3-8500 (533 MHz) - [DDR3-1067] in PC Wizard from http://www.cpuid.com but i get different names in other programs, the voltage is all over the place. EasyTune5 says i have 2v while others like CPUz says 1.78v (bios says this as well) Getting my original 1600mhz i know i have to get FPS on the cpu to 1600mhz but shouldn't it be 1333mhz by default(in bios it says 1060mhz)? Trying to get in touch with Gigabyte but cant find my SN number on my mainbord. Thanks Emil from Sweden.

Hi i have a problem, it says DDR3-SDRAM PC3-8500 (533 MHz) - [DDR3-1067] in PC Wizard from http://www.cpuid.com but i get different names in other programs, the voltage is all over the place. EasyTune5 says i have 2v while others like CPUz says 1.78v (bios says this as well) Getting my original 1600mhz i know i have to get FSB on the cpu to 400mhz but shouldn't it be 1333mhz by default(in bios it says 1060mhz)? Trying to get in touch with Gigabyte but cant find my SN number on my mainbord. Thanks Emil from Sweden.

Hi i have the same problem, it even says DDR3-SDRAM PC3-8500 (533 MHz) - [DDR3-1067] in PC Wizard from http://www.cpuid.com but i get different names in other programs, the voltage is all over the place. EasyTune5 says i have 2v while others like CPUz says 1.78v (bios says this as well) Getting my original 1600mhz i know i have to get FPS on the cpu to 1600mhz but shouldn't it be 1333mhz by default(in bios it says 1060mhz)? Trying to get in touch with Gigabyte but cant find my SN number on my mainbord. Thanks Emil from Sweden.

Enter your BIOS and set to these values:

MIB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)

Robust Graphics Booster = Auto
CPU Clock Ratio = 7
CPU Host Clock Control = Enabled
CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) = 400Mhz
PCI Express Frequency = 100Mhz
C.I.A.2 = Disabled
Performance Enhance = Standard
System Memory Multiplier = 4
Hi Speed DRAM DLL Settings = Option 2
DRAM Timing Selectable = Manual
CAS Latency Time = 9
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay = 9
RAS# Precharge = 9
Precharge Delay (tRAS) = 24
ACT to ACT delay = Auto
Bank Write To READ Delay = Auto
Refresh to ACT Delay = 0
Read to Precharge Delay = Auto

System Voltage Control

DDR3 OverVoltage Control = +.3V
PCI-e OverVoltage Control = Normal
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control = +.1v
CPU Voltage Control = Auto 

Run Memtest for two full passes, then (If Stable), enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Enter your BIOS and set to these values:

MIB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)

Robust Graphics Booster = Auto
CPU Clock Ratio = 7
CPU Host Clock Control = Enabled
CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) = 400Mhz
PCI Express Frequency = 100Mhz
C.I.A.2 = Disabled
Performance Enhance = Standard
System Memory Multiplier = 4
Hi Speed DRAM DLL Settings = Option 2
DRAM Timing Selectable = Manual
CAS Latency Time = 9
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay = 9
RAS# Precharge = 9
Precharge Delay (tRAS) = 24
ACT to ACT delay = Auto
Bank Write To READ Delay = Auto
Refresh to ACT Delay = 0
Read to Precharge Delay = Auto

System Voltage Control

DDR3 OverVoltage Control = +.3V
PCI-e OverVoltage Control = Normal
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control = +.1v
CPU Voltage Control = Auto 

Run Memtest for two full passes, then (If Stable), enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Tried this but no luck... after 14min in Memtest the computer freezes. I went in bios again and change back... to whats now stable... 1280mhz :S on auto still on 400mhz FSB. Oh i didn't change the CPU ratio to x7 as i didn't see the point in overclocking my CPU :P x6 was 2400mhz and i have 2333mhz CPU

Tried this but no luck... after 14min in Memtest the computer freezes. I went in bios again and change back... to whats now stable... 1280mhz :S on auto still on 400mhz FSB. Oh i didn't change the CPU ratio to x7 as i didn't see the point in overclocking my CPU :P x6 was 2400mhz and i have 2333mhz CPU

OK, if you want to make your own changes then good luck.

So you think i should overclock the CPU to 2800mhz? Would that make any difference on the memory stability?

I think you need to try whatever it takes to find stability. I find that it is easier to find stability first and then tweak to where you want. If you do not want to overclock, then use settings at 2.8Ghz and tweak the ratios and voltages until you get stable. Then you can lower the multiplier. But test a single stick and test in more than one slot. Once you find a single stick is stable in one slot, then you can repeatedly move that single stick to each slot to test the slots. Then repeat to test the second stick in a now known good slot. Finally test in Dual Channel Mode. I find that slots 2 and 4 are better for high end DRAM such as yours though. Also, I like to set the Strap to 266Mhz for this board.

Robust Graphics Booster: Auto
CPU Clock Ratio:  7
CPU Clock Ratio: +0.5
CPU Host Clock Control: Enabled
CPU Host Frequency: 400
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz): 100
C.I.A. 2: Disabled
Performance Enhance: Standard

DRAM Timing SPD: Manual
System Memory Multiplier (SPD): 4.0

CAS Latency Time: 9
Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay: 9
Dram RAS# Precharge Delay: 9
Precharge Delay (tRAS): 24

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD): 4
Rank Write to READ Delay: 6
Write to Precharge Delay: 6
Refresh to ACT Delay:  52
Read to Precharge Delay: 6
Static tRead Value: 9

Static tRead Phase Adjust: AUTO

System Voltage Control: Manual
CPU Voltage Control: 1.30v
DDR2 OverVoltage Control: +0.3V
PCI-E OverVoltage Control: Normal
FSB OverVoltage Control: +.1V
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control: +0.2V

• 1 month later...

I have the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R VER 1.1 BIOS F12E and Intel Q6600 G0 stepping CPU with this ram TW3X4G1600C9DHX. I have an antec 900 case, asus 4870 x2 ati video card that has 3 fans on it so it blows the hot air in the case. I upgraded the 2 front intake fans to Sythe Slipstream 110 cfm and the optional fan that blows on the video card as well. I havs a sythe sflex in the side cover. my CPU HS is the thermalright ultima - 90 with a Vantec tornado 92mm x 38 mm. I am not sure of what settings to use for my cpu and ram. I know the cpu is a 1066 FSB and 2.4 GHZ. I dont want to do extreme overclocking just something stable and I will not have to worryabout burning out something. Just something where my cpu-video card-physix card- nic- harddrives - and ram work together. I play games alot and multi media on this computer, so stability and a little added extra would be great. I have worked on computers but never oc`ed any so I am good at following instructions to the letter.

Any help is Appriciated,

thank you,

ironleg1963

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from
Robust Graphics Booster: Auto
CPU Clock Ratio:  8
CPU Host Clock Control: Enabled
CPU Host Frequency: 400
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz): 100
C.I.A. 2: Disabled
Performance Enhance: Standard

DRAM Timing SPD: Manual
System Memory Multiplier (SPD): 4.0

CAS Latency Time: 9
Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay: 9
Dram RAS# Precharge Delay: 9
Precharge Delay (tRAS): 24

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD): 4
Rank Write to READ Delay: 6
Write to Precharge Delay: 6
Refresh to ACT Delay:  52
Read to Precharge Delay: 6
Static tRead Value: 9

Static tRead Phase Adjust: Auto

System Voltage Control: Manual
CPU Voltage Control: 1.37v
DDR3 OverVoltage Control: +0.3V
PCI-E OverVoltage Control: Normal
FSB OverVoltage Control: +.1V
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control: +0.2V

Run Memtest for two full passes. When assured of stable DRAM, then enter Windows and Run CPU-z and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

I have the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R VER 1.1 BIOS F12E and Intel Q6600 G0 stepping CPU with this ram TW3X4G1600C9DHX. I have an antec 900 case, asus 4870 x2 ati video card that has 3 fans on it so it blows the hot air in the case. I upgraded the 2 front intake fans to Sythe Slipstream 110 cfm and the optional fan that blows on the video card as well. I havs a sythe sflex in the side cover. my CPU HS is the thermalright ultima - 90 with a Vantec tornado 92mm x 38 mm. I am not sure of what settings to use for my cpu and ram. I know the cpu is a 1066 FSB and 2.4 GHZ. I dont want to do extreme overclocking just something stable and I will not have to worryabout burning out something. Just something where my cpu-video card-physix card- nic- harddrives - and ram work together. I play games alot and multi media on this computer, so stability and a little added extra would be great. I have worked on computers but never oc`ed any so I am good at following instructions to the letter.

Any help is Appriciated,

thank you,

ironleg1963

I set the settings exactly as you said and it would not boot. Ireverted back to the original settings and it would not boot up to run memtest on the cd. I extracted a version to a floppy and trid it and it would not boot to it( i checked he boot sequensce and changed it to cdrom-floppy-hdd.) I have two disc in raid 5, could this be the problem and I am running vista ultimate x 86 and wanted to know if that could bean issue as well. any suggestions?

ironleg1963

• Corsair Employees
I set the settings exactly as you said and it would not boot. Ireverted back to the original settings and it would not boot up to run memtest on the cd. I extracted a version to a floppy and trid it and it would not boot to it( i checked he boot sequensce and changed it to cdrom-floppy-hdd.) I have two disc in raid 5, could this be the problem and I am running vista ultimate x 86 and wanted to know if that could bean issue as well. any suggestions?

ironleg1963

Can you try burning a Memtest CD or making a bootable USB drive?

• 8 months later...
sorry for taking so long to reply. The interior of my case was getting hot and shutting down so I replaced 3 of the 120mm fans. the antec 900 front has the middle and bottom fans blowing air in and the top front fan is removing air as well as the rear 120 mm fan and the top 200mm fan. I have the side panel off and have a small house fan blowing air directly onto my video card and cpu fan and heatsink and ram. I wanted to find out if I should try a mild overclock or a remedy for my ASUS ati video card that sucks interior air and does not vent it outside the case. I am open to any options and advice. Thank you

Archived