Corsair Community

1000hx power supply problem...

wogdog

I recently purchased the 1000HX. After hooking everything up I pushed the power button on my case and nothing happened. What I noticed is this: I see the mobo light on, when I push the power button on my case I see the processor fan flicker on for a half a second and nothing else. the mobo light then is off. I turn the power supply button offand on again and see the green light on the mobo back on. Again I click the power button on my case and same thng happens. has anyone experienced this? I looked up on the corsir site here to perform a diagnostic check and found you can make a jumper with a paper clip which I have done before but on automobile diagnostics. after inserting the paper clip in the suggested points The fan did not respond on the power supply. The wierd thing is how can the green light on the mobo light up but under load nothing? I am pretty sure that the power supply is bad, but could it be something else?

Originally I bought the psu from newegg.com. I bought a new one from frys electronics and turned my orignial one in the next day saying the one I bought from fry's was bad. It was a faster process for me, I didnt have to wait a couple days or weeks for a rma. but the psu is great. Check out the build I just put together. Faster cpu among my friends and I and fastest I have seen so far. I have 2 sets of the crucial ram so 8 gigs total. I am running a 27.5" monitor. that psu powers my graphics card amazingly! I havent uprgraded my cpu for 6 year until now and I must saw everything I got was very intimidating!

Archived