Corsair Community

Ga-ep45-ud3r

KDA

After assembling new PC on GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard and Corsair 2x2GB 8500C5D memory everything was fine for a couple of days. Then I got the "Memory Testing..." screen during the boot and then constant restart. The only change i made in BIOS was DIMM voltage set to 2.1v. To get into BIOS I had to switch the PSU off and wait a little.

The PC failed after I moved the box to another building - I am still not sure if that is the case. After I brought it back home - no problems at all at any BIOS settings. I can't even replicate the situation with the "Memory Testing...."

So I did memtest+ for 1 hour on 2x2gb dimms. Replaced the dimms, used other banks. Everything works.

Have you experienced anything like that?

Thanks

The story continues:

Same failure occurred at my sister's apartment. I could not find any problem at home so brought the box back and it ran fine from the first boot. Tried several restarts and shut-downs - no problem. Next morning she got the same "Memory Testing..." screen during the boot and reboot loop. So we replaced surge protector - and it happened again the next day.

The only way to start the PC after the failure is to unplug or shut the PSU off.

Memory tests do not show any errors.

Please give me as many possible approaches to try as possible so our replacement policy is not out of date.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

You clearly have issues with hardware. I would say that you have motherboard or PSU issues. You are covered by a lifetime warranty with the DRAM but DRAM is passive and can not cause such issues. Since you pass Memtest I would look to the PSU and then Mainboard as being the issue.

The story continues:

Same failure occurred at my sister's apartment. I could not find any problem at home so brought the box back and it ran fine from the first boot. Tried several restarts and shut-downs - no problem. Next morning she got the same "Memory Testing..." screen during the boot and reboot loop. So we replaced surge protector - and it happened again the next day.

The only way to start the PC after the failure is to unplug or shut the PSU off.

Memory tests do not show any errors.

Please give me as many possible approaches to try as possible so our replacement policy is not out of date.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Archived