Corsair Community

PSU recommendation for a single 295gtx?

icemanjs

1.) First go to any of the power calculation sites that tell you how much power you will need at a minimum with your system.

2.) Check with your video card manufacturer to see the amperage requirements for you video card.

The TX850 you mention will "probably" work with that card, but depending on how hardcore you might OC other things in your system (especially your system memory), you may end up going over what is need for electrical current.

The TX850 is listed as having 70A on it's +12V rails, but I'm not sure if it has 3 or 4 rails.

• Corsair Employees
The TX850 is listed as having 70A on it's +12V rails, but I'm not sure if it has 3 or 4 rails.

The TX850 uses a single 12v rail rated at 70A. According to Nvidia the GTX295 card can pull up to 289 watts at maximum. With two cards I would recommend our HX1000, especially if you plan to overclock the system. Although, realistically our TX850 should power both cards in real world situations.

Although, realistically our TX850 should power both cards in real world situations.

Toms Hardware did a review of the GTX295 in SLI using an 850 watt psu from another manufacturer ( 4 rails ).

Thier heavily overclocked and watercooled Core I7 system drew about 600 watts from the wall, I would trust the TX 850 to do the job.

Archived