Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9DHX G Asus P5Q3 Deluxe - Doesn´t work at all

mnemonicc

Hi,

now i know, that this model is not on the Asus QVL, but i expected, that it would work with some issues. But its not working at all. Everything seems to work, but i got only black screen with no action. (fans working, hdd seems to work etc.) I cant even reach the bios.

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71575&highlight=p5q3

This thread says, that it should not be a problem, make it work.

Everything else is fine, i only moved the components from one MB to this MB.

Any ideas

Thanx for any help.

sorry for so many "work":):

I CANT CHANGE THE TITLE - O DONT HAVE ASUS MB ANYMORE, BUT I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MSI P45 DIAMOND - DESCRIPTION BELOW..SRRY

it doesnt help, but it doesnt matter, i bought MSI P45 Diamond, and its working, but not at 1600MHz...I have C2D 6550 - 2,33Ghz...I only got 425MHz bus and 1,6 the ratio FBS/RAM...so im able about 1400MHz DDR3...Does anyone have an idea how to make it work at 1600MHz with C2D E6550 2,33 GHz...

I have not...

i already did this...when i give the cpu fsb frequency = 400MHz

multiplier 7 or 6

FSB/Memory ratio = 1:2.0

I manually set the memory clock and voltage, that i have from another thread..

and the screen gets black and i have to clear the cmos...

so i tried the fsb/memory 1:1.6 and its working...but i got only 1200 MHz for the memory..

so i tried to raise the fsb - 400---500MHz, with the 1.6 ratio, but i only reached 425 Mhz, more im not able to boot the system..

in the bios cell menu - memory Z, i have an information about the modules, where says, max bandwight 1333MHz...

So?

Thanks for help..

mnemonicc,

You may or may not have already seen this thread on http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=191848&page=27 post #661 by Amurtigress. Try changing the tRRD value to 8-10 and tRFC values to 82 and see what happens. Amurtigree, and others, states that they were not able stability until this change was made on the P5Q3 Deluxe.

Also , I would try reading through the enitire thread from the beginning as there is much good information in that thread.

Did you try, for what it's worth, the official ASUS motherboard forums for the P5Q3 Deluxe: http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&model=P5Q3+Deluxe%2fWiFi-AP+%40n&SLanguage=en-us?

I have a ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wi-FI Edition BIOS ver 1109 and my RAM, which is is my Specs, is not on the ASUS QVL list either, but I have achieved stability in the orange slots along with other tweaks some of which include setting up the BIOS as per the RAM settings on the sticker.

I hope some of this information helps.

DerekT,

I have the P5E3 Deluxe Wi-Fi edition, which is a Intel x38 board, and I have, along with your assistance of course, have achieved stability with my TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX DDR3 RAM running at an FSB of 400 (DDR3-1600).

I can run memtest.org for 7+ hours, Prime95 for 7+ hours, the Intel Burn Test (IBT) from XS for the recommended 5 runs without error. I can also run HCI memtest from within Windows without issue. Gamming is perfectly stable.

I think one of the keys to this is that I stopped updating my BIOS at version 1109. Their have been posts on XS under the P5E3 Deluxe Wi-Fi thread about users having stablility issues with this RAM after updating their BIOS past version 1109; most had to flash back to version 1109 to once again achieve stability.

with asus i tried and red everything, nothing worked, so i gave up.. now im asking you for help with MSI P45 DIAMOND, where i have almost the same problem, but at least it run..

i know its mistaken, but i can change the threads title should i make another thread? or can just some moderator change the title?

with asus i tried and red everything, nothing worked, so i gave up.. now im asking you for help with MSI P45 DIAMOND, where i have almost the same problem, but at least it run..

i know its mistaken, but i can change the threads title should i make another thread? or can just some moderator change the title?

You have all the information we can give you. Contact MSI and see if they can help you. Return the memory and buy other memory and you will see that the issue repeats. Buy from another manufacturer and see the issue repeats.

Just because one person makes that speed, does not mean you will and most do not.

Archived