Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWINX2048-3200C2PT

markeyd

I tried searching for the answer to this question in the forums but could not find it. I am wondering how to set everything (relative to the ram voltage, etc.) in the bios for optimum performance. To clarify I have 4 sticks of twinx2048-3200c2pt (2 matched pairs) on an abit an8 32x sli motherboard with the rest of my specs listed in my profile.

Right now, everything is the mobo's default except for the following settings I've changed:

DDR SDRAM VOLTAGE: 2.8 (the next notch down is 2.7 with no 2.75 option)

DDR REF VOLTAGE DEFAULT: -20mv

DRAM CLOCK DDR: 333

CAS LATENCY TIME: 2.5

ROW CYCLE TIME: 10T

ROW REFRESH CYCLE TIME: 11T

MIN RAS# ACTIVE TIME: 7T

RAS# TO CAS# DELAY: 3T

RAS# PRECHARGE TIME: DEFAULT

WRITE RECOVERY TIME: 3T

There are a lot of other settings but I dont know what they mean and didnt change them from the defaults.

I started messing around with these settings when I started experiencing an intermittent problem with my system where I would boot up to the bios screen and it would read:

Warning! Now system is in Safe mode. Please re-setting CPU frequency in the CMOS setup System is running in fail-safe state. Please recheck - BIOS CMOS setup. PRESS F1 to continue, DEL to enter setup

I am trying to see if I can consistently reproduce the error, but am not sure if it randomly happens when I start my system, or only if I choose "restart" from windows . . .

If this means anything to anyone, and you can shed some light then that would be great too.

No NB, or Northbridge setting, nor anything which seems similar to me.

You might have to increase your CPU Voltage to find stability with a four DRAM slot population since your memory controller is built on the CPU. Set the CPU voltage manually to 1.35v. You might want to contact Abit and see if they can give you some tips on how to setup that board for a four DRAM slot population.

You might have to increase your CPU Voltage to find stability with a four DRAM slot population since your memory controller is built on the CPU. Set the CPU voltage manually to 1.35v. You might want to contact Abit and see if they can give you some tips on how to setup that board for a four DRAM slot population.

I'll try to contact my mobo manufacturer but I think they are now defunct. Oh well. Thanks for the advice so far.

Archived