Corsair Community

2 memory sticks not working !!

onlymars

hi, i just recently bought a new stick of 1GB Corsair XMS2, with CAS 5-5-5-12. i was having the same memory stick before, now i have 2 sticks, almost same specs. when i boot my pc with both the sticks i get alot of software crashes and sudden pc restarts. recently i found out that the latency rate doesn't match :(:. when i run them alone, each stick works but when i get them together, then problems. below are the specs of both sticks,

1GB Corsair XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 VER=5.2 V1.90 CAS=5-5-5-18

1GB Corsair XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 VER=5.2 V1.90 CAS=5-5-5-12

my mainboard is Asus k8n-e.

Is there any solution to this or do i have to buy new stick with same latency rate?:(:

well its written on the memory stick.

These sticks are supposed to be a part of a Twin Kit. How did you end up with to mis-matched sticks? They could well be different fabricated IC's and it is never recommended to mix and match different modules.

well their latency rate is only change. so this means i have to buy another one or any solutions available ? i bought 1 stick from uk and another from pakistan where i live, both were in separate packing.

What I am saying is that there are NO TwinX modules sold singly. They are sold as pairs because Dual Channel needs matched pairs. Your pairs are not matched and you bought them singly?

• Corsair Employees
well their latency rate is only change. so this means i have to buy another one or any solutions available ? i bought 1 stick from uk and another from pakistan where i live, both were in separate packing.

Use this module and set the timings manually in the BIOS: 1GB Corsair XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 VER=5.2 V1.90 CAS=5-5-5-18

Power down, and add the second module, reboot and see what happens. If they work seperately but not together, most likely you have a combination of memory that will not work together due to an IC conflict.

Archived