Corsair Community

TWIN2x2048-6400C4 bsod issues

RockmanZX

Hi, I just recently purchased the TWIN2x2048-6400C4 and I seem to be getting random blue screen errors/reboots with the "memory_mangement" error.

My motherboard is the MSI P6NGM2-L,

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1426

I could not find that motherboard on the memory configurator list. It only had P6NGM2 or P6NGM-L

I have ran memtest on each individual stick for several hours and both have no errors.

I need help as to if this memory is compatible with my motherboard?

This memory says the tested latency is 4-4-4-12 at 2.1V but my motherboard only goes a maximum of 2V.

If this memory is not compatible could you please tell me which kind of memory would be compatible?

Thanks for the help.

When I changed the voltage to 2.0V it says it is unsafe to run at this voltage and may cause damage to my motherboard.

It is safe for me to be increasing my voltage to 2.0V which is its maximum voltage without damaging my motherboard?

The motherboard BIOS settings are set to a stock Dram voltage of 1.8v. This is enough for Standard JEDEC DRAM but your DRAM is of a higher quality and tested at lower timings than JEDEC and higher voltages. Your DRAM is warranted for life at 2.1v. It has been tested at 2.1v to work correctly. Your board does not allow for 2.1v so you are being advised to raise your timings to 5-5-5-15 and 2.0v.

This is fine.

Hi I tried changing my timing to 5-5-5-15 at 2.0V and I still got the bsod error but this time it was "IRQ LESS_THAN_EQUAL_TO".

I dont know if this memory is compatible with my motherboard.

My motherboard p6ngm2-l isnt listed under the memory configurator so I cant check if what memory is compatible with my motherboard.

Anything other suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

• Corsair Employees

I would suggest that you contact MSI support and see if there is a known issue with their board and any components you have in your system. This error may not be specifically related to the system memory.

Based on Memtest and the chipset used, you should not have a compatibility issue with this memory.

Archived