Corsair Community

One pair TWIN2X2048-9136C5D in XFX780i?

Wikkus

Hi RAMguy and friends!

My 680i board just expired and I've got hold of an XFX 780i as a replacement. Is my existing RAM good to go with the new board? It's not listed in the compatibility list, just the 4GB kit but I'm not presently in a position to splurge for a new kit...:roll:

Cheers, Rik.

It should be fine. Those are Micron D9 IC's and they do not play well with other DRAM IC's so I would not buy other modules with it.

Hi RAMguy and friends!

My 680i board just expired and I've got hold of an XFX 780i as a replacement. Is my existing RAM good to go with the new board? It's not listed in the compatibility list, just the 4GB kit but I'm not presently in a position to splurge for a new kit...:roll:

Cheers, Rik.

Download memtest from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to a CD-ROM disk. With that board I would insert one stick and set the values in the BIOS. Shut down and insert the second stick and restart. Boot to a memtest CD and allow for two full passes.

• Corsair Employees
Many thanks, Derek. Any experience with that particular board? If so, any tips on getting it to "play nice" with the RAM or is it just a case of setting it manually for 2.1V and away we go?

Cheers, Rik.

You should also be able to use the EPP SLI Ready setting with this memory if you like. In general, this memory runs very well on the these Nvidia boards.

You should also be able to use the EPP SLI Ready setting with this memory if you like. In general, this memory runs very well on the these Nvidia boards.

Thanks for taking the time out to respond, RAMguy. My 680i worked great with this RAM so I was hoping to hear something positive after a good few weeks of negative -- I've been without my gaming rig for some weeks now (including all over the holiday period) and have had several defective boards from suppliers including a used one with 3,500 hours on it :eek: so I *really* want minimum hassles when the 780i turns up tomorrow :)

Will report back if there are any issues.

Cheers, Rik.

Archived