Corsair Community

Intel D975XBX2 and TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX

nick256

I am using a Intel D975XBX2 with a set of TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX RAM. (2 x 2 GB) I am trying to overclock an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (B3 Stepping). My current settings are 533 Mem. Frequency, 266 Reference Frequency, and 4-4-4-12 timings. A have tried many other combinations of Mem/Ref frequencies and this is the only one that would work when overclocking so far. I managed to get to 9 x 334 for the FSB (3 GHz) but I can't get it stable at 3.1 GHz or higher. (Also, I cannot change the FSB multiplier.) Are there memory settings that would be more effective than what I am using now? Thanks

Whatever you can find stable when overclocking is the way to go. That's an old board and as such the memory to cpu ratios are somewhat wonky. Also, with Intel boards, you just don't have the ability to tweak more advanced settings and attempt higher stability. Intel is not the best choice when deciding to overclock a system.

I am using a Intel D975XBX2 with a set of TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX RAM. (2 x 2 GB) I am trying to overclock an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (B3 Stepping). My current settings are 533 Mem. Frequency, 266 Reference Frequency, and 4-4-4-12 timings. A have tried many other combinations of Mem/Ref frequencies and this is the only one that would work when overclocking so far. I managed to get to 9 x 334 for the FSB (3 GHz) but I can't get it stable at 3.1 GHz or higher. (Also, I cannot change the FSB multiplier.) Are there memory settings that would be more effective than what I am using now? Thanks

• 4 months later...
Not sure if you know this already but there is an extra tab in the BIOS on the D975XBX2 board that holds a setting called 'Watchdog' and it fights you trying to overclock in the first place. I'm sorry I can't find the links for it right now but I hope by mentioning it that it will send you in the right direction or somebody will see it and remember about it so they could help you get there. I'll keep looking for it and bookmark this page to give you more info if I do run across it. Sorry I can't be of more assistance. Anybody out there think it might be that? I would like to know if thats the WRRRRRONNG thing just as much....you never know your giving bad info until someone points out your mistakes!. Good Luck anyway, nick256...I'll add you to my friends thingy if you want.

Archived