Corsair Community

ASUS P4C800 & CMX512-3200LL

davester

I cannot get this new rig to post as follows: Power light is on on the mobo and power led on case, no beep codes, no display, all fans are working. When the RAM is removed I get beep codes. When I remove the video card, I get no beeps. (RAM installed) ASUS P4C800 1006bios Rev1.03 Corsair CMX512-3200LL xms3205 v1.2 P4 2.8 1Mb cache ASUS V9520 Antec TruPower 330W PSU Board is out of the case, so no grounding issues. Only have KB, Video, RAM and CPU installed, nothing else. Have reset CMOS several times, no joy. Tried a PCI Video card, no joy. Tried TwinX512-3200LL (2 x 256Mb), same issue. (from my other PC, known working) Tried reseating CPU several times. No bent pins. My gut feeling is that the LL chips are a no go with this board, hence my posting here. Either that or a faulty MB. Any suggestions appreciated, Cheers, Dave.

OK, according to the asus website, I need the 1014 bios or greater to work with the P4 2.80E. My mobo is 1006, hence the grief. Bugger! The question still remains, will the CMX512-3200LL work with this mobo? As always, all replies appreciated, thanks. Dave.

• Corsair Employees
These modules should be no problem with this MB and in fact what I would suggest. I would see if you can barrow a slower CPU and post the system and then update to the latest bios version and see if that does not solve the problem.

Archived