Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF & Asus Striker II Formula

Hi all,

I am not much of a tweaker and would just like to know some basic performance enhancements I could make with my current setup in terms of memory performance. Running a couple of benchmarks as well as the vista windows experience index, I noticed my memory performs quite lower than the rest of the components in my system. Is there anything that I could do in the BIOS that would give me a decent performance boost without getting too much into heavy overclocking?

Thanks!

You will always lose DRAM speed and performance when you populate all four DRAM slots. It is advised to drop the DRAM speed if you populate all for DRAM banks. As well, Nvidia chipsets do not have much ability to memory tweak as they don't have the kind of memory settings that Intel chipset based boards do. If you want higher performing memory, drop to two modules. If you want high capacity in your memory, then you will have to accept that speed drop. Firstly, high overclocking a four DRAM slot population of the maximum capacity is not a good idea. Your on motherboard memory controller is already working at maximum capacity and I would increase the MCP/SPP +.2v to compensate for that heavy workload.

Archived