Corsair Community

Problem with Shuttle SN85G4 and XMS3200C2

Calibax

I just bought a Shuttle SN85G4 box and installed an Athlon64 3400+ running at 2.2 GHz and also 2 newly purchased Corsair CMX512-3200C2 modules. I get errors in Memtest86 in tests 5 and 8 only. When I tried to isolate the problem to a single module I found that I get no errors at all with just one module installed (either one) and running at the default timings (2-3-3-6) and full clock speed (200 MHz). After re-installing both modules I changed the timings to CAS3 but this made no difference, I still had the same errors. I then changed the timings to to 3-4-4-8 and that made no difference either. However, I get no errors if I drop the memory speed from 200MHz to 166MHz and run with the default timings. Suggestions and ideas would be appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
The suggested timings would be Cass 2.5-3-3-6 and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. However, if the modules will run one up with no errors. I would check for a newer bios. In addition, with more than one module, you may have to run at DDR333 as this chipset or CPU is single channel. Please check the spec's form Shuttle!

Archived