Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C8D need advice pls

Pelchat

first off it only see's 2g on the bois/vista 64bit even with the latest bois and on the orange slot.

i would like to use mem86+ to check if its a memory problem or a defective motherboard. But even mem86+ only see's 2g so it wouldn't make a good test.

i'm i able to use these tri-channel memory in a X48 ddr3 mob and test them as dual channel or would it be problematic? Because i tried it works alright with windows vista 32bit detects 4gig (only instead 2 of them so thats normal) but when i run mem86+ i'm got 1346 errors and its not finished testing.

So is that normal for tri-channel memory on a dual channel motherboard ?

Thanks for reading.

Place one stick at a time in each slot to see if you can find a bad slot, and to make sure each stick is detected correctly. BIOS 1102 I take it?

You can test 2 at a time on a dual channel based system, yes. The errors would depend on what timings / voltage you tested them at, if the legacy USB was disabled, one stick at a time, etc.

Well on my Gigabyte X48-TDQ6 only work in dual channel so i can't test one stick at a time. But i guess i should try the TR3X6G1600C8D with the manual

setttings at 8-8-8-24 1.65V and run mem86+ to see if i get better results.

Not sure what you mean by "legacy USB was disabled" it needs to be enable? before running the mem86+ test?

But they should work as Dual cannel memories right?

You can test the modules singly. What board do you have? P6T or the Gigabyte? Please update your system hardware specs.

Well on my Gigabyte X48-TDQ6 only work in dual channel so i can't test one stick at a time. But i guess i should try the TR3X6G1600C8D with the manual

setttings at 8-8-8-24 1.65V and run mem86+ to see if i get better results.

Not sure what you mean by "legacy USB was disabled" it needs to be enable? before running the mem86+ test?

But they should work as Dual cannel memories right?

i have a P6T Deluxe Asus which is having trouble detecting my TRI-Channel TR3X6G1600C8D , only detects 2g on bois/vista 64, Since i wasn't going to rely on my ASUS motherboard i decided to use my other system which is a Gigiabyte X48T-DQ6 to see whether the problem was the motherboard or memory.

Well after extensive testing my DDR3 are error free with memtest86.

Today i'll be returning the motherboard and hopefully the new one won't give me so much trouble.

Thanks for your replies.

Sure thing. Glad to hear you are up and running which is what matters.

i have a P6T Deluxe Asus which is having trouble detecting my TRI-Channel TR3X6G1600C8D , only detects 2g on bois/vista 64, Since i wasn't going to rely on my ASUS motherboard i decided to use my other system which is a Gigiabyte X48T-DQ6 to see whether the problem was the motherboard or memory.

Well after extensive testing my DDR3 are error free with memtest86.

Today i'll be returning the motherboard and hopefully the new one won't give me so much trouble.

Thanks for your replies.

Archived