Corsair Community

PC Keeps Restarting Before POST or Boot Screens

buddhatb

Went to turn on my PC after work today and it keeps restarting after 2 seconds. My LCD screen is just black and shows nothing. Not even the POST or Gigabyte screen shows up like how it should after pressing the power button during a normal startup. The restarts are an infinite loop, so after a few times I just powered down. My PC was working perfectly fine last nite before I went to bed. I have not installed any new software or hardware in a few weeks, so I'm thinking it must be a PSU or motherboard issue.

Anyone know what could be a possible cause? Is my Corsair HX520 failing?

I have checked all the cables and re-sat the RAM and video card with no luck. Also tried to clear the CMOS, but that didn't help either.

EDIT -- Removed all non-essential hardware connected to the PSU and motherboard except 1 RAM and video card. Same issue still persists. My system turns on for 2 seconds, turns off for 2 seconds, turns on for 2 seconds, turns off for 2 seconds in a continous loop of that sequence. At least the failure is consistant. My monitor is completely black, so I cannot even get the system to run long enough to run memtest or get into BIOS.

• Corsair Employees
I would recommend that you try this basic PSU functionality test. If the PSU powers on and stays on, then there is a possibility that your system is triggering the OCP/OVP (overcurrent and overvoltage protection) circuits on the PSU due to an out of spec signal from the motherboard. There could also be a short or a grounding issue within the system preventing the PSU from powering on and staying on. If this is the case then I would recommend testing the PSU in a different system to be sure. If the PSU is still not powering on properly then let us know and we will be happy to replace it!

Archived