Corsair Community

Cables probs...

Darren K

I'm in the middle of putting together my new PC and ahve run into a few difficulties!

I'm not too sure where to connect the USB and 1394 cables from the front panel of chasis. As far as I can see there are only 3 places to directly connect USB, and one place to connect a 1394 cable which are all in the corner of the board below all the SATA connections.

Also there are is an orange HD Audio cable with another connector attached called AC'97. Where do I connect these to? I can't see anywhere on the MB for these cables.

Lastly, When I cracked open the plastic packaging to my Corsair memory I read inside that this memory is only designed for 64bit operating systems, and are not reccommended for 32bit OS.

What can happen if I use a 32bit OS with this ram?

Lastly, When I cracked open the plastic packaging to my Corsair memory I read inside that this memory is only designed for 64bit operating systems, and are not reccommended for 32bit OS.

What can happen if I use a 32bit OS with this ram?

Windows 32 bit won't use all 4 GB, so you just wouldn't have access to all of it. Depending on your hardware, you'll be able to use around 2.5 to 3.8 GB. No damage will happen to your hardware.

I'm not too sure where to connect the USB and 1394 cables from the front panel of chasis. As far as I can see there are only 3 places to directly connect USB, and one place to connect a 1394 cable which are all in the corner of the board below all the SATA connections.

You answer your own question. You are not sure where to put them and then you say where they are. That question is very confusing. Look to your motherboard if you are confused.

Also there are is an orange HD Audio cable with another connector attached called AC'97. Where do I connect these to? I can't see anywhere on the MB for these cables.

You only need to use the HD plug and not the AC'97. It is designated for older boards that do not have HD Audio. If you want to plug into the HD Audio, then check your motherboard manual.

Archived