Corsair Community

DFI LanParty UT P45-T3RS compatible with TW3X4G1800C8DF?

czm

Hi

I am thinking of getting a new mobo. The DFI LanParty UT P45-T3RS Motherboard.

http://www.cpu3d.com/review/6912-1/dfi-lanparty-ut-p45-t3rs-motherboard/introduction.html

I currently have TW3X4G1800C8DF.

Could somebody tell me if this is going to be compatible?

OR

Alternativley recommend a mobo/chipset that would be a nice choice for my rated 1800Mhz ram and my QX9650

Thanks

You will need a motherboard and processor that allows for a minimum of 450Mhz FSB since the existing DDR3 memory controllers of Intel P35, Intel X38/X48 chipsets do not support any FSB:Mem dividers lower than 1:2. This means you will need to overclock the FSB beyond 450MHz in order to clock the memory at 1800MHz.

I have found that Dual Core processors have a far better chance of achieving this FSB with such a high DRAM speed and 2GB module densities. The ASUS P5K3 Deluxe is one board in which I have populated these modules and an E8500 processor.

The E0 revision is the best for this overclocking and is the best chance if you are going to go with a Quad Core. C0 and C1 have a far harder time to make a 450Mhz FSB. Dual Core C0/C1 and E0 make the 450Mhz FSB. I have had two QX9650. Both C0 and C1 and neither could make the 450FSB.

What version are the 1800's?

Thanks m8.

I have ver4.1. Yep I am having the same wall with my qx9650. It does not like anything near 450FSB on my Asus maximus extreme X38.

At the mo I have my ram @ 1600 (400fsb) which is the max I can get. I was thinking that another chipset maybe better (790i/P45/X48)for getting the 450fsb on my QX9650.

But reading your post has made me think its the CPU limiting the fsb rather than that mobo. I have read alot about the QX9650's not liking the high FSB's Am I right in thinking that?

btw mines a C0 which again I read are the worst culprits

Yes, you are correct. The problem is the CPU, not the motherboard with regards to the FSB. I sold both QX9650's and moved to a Q9650 (E0) and was able to finally make the 450FSB. Then I moved to a Dual Core E8500 and made an easy 500FSB and for gaming, it is better than the Quad.

Nice RAM. You've got the Samsung IC's. Better than the 3.1 Micron chips.

Thanks m8.

I have ver4.1. Yep I am having the same wall with my qx9650. It does not like anything near 450FSB on my Asus maximus extreme X38.

At the mo I have my ram @ 1600 (400fsb) which is the max I can get. I was thinking that another chipset maybe better (790i/P45/X48)for getting the 450fsb on my QX9650.

But reading your post has made me think its the CPU limiting the fsb rather than that mobo. I have read alot about the QX9650's not liking the high FSB's Am I right in thinking that?

btw mines a C0 which again I read are the worst culprits

Yes, you are correct. The problem is the CPU, not the motherboard with regards to the FSB. I sold both QX9650's and moved to a Q9650 (E0) and was able to finally make the 450FSB. Then I moved to a Dual Core E8500 and made an easy 500FSB and for gaming, it is better than the Quad.

Nice RAM. You've got the Samsung IC's. Better than the 3.1 Micron chips.

Thanks for the help Derek. Yep the Samsung IC's are nice...I wish i could get the most out of them but this QX9650 has been a pain ever since I got it. I think i will chop it in for E dual core. I never multitask enough to get any benfit outta the quad anyway, its on my gaming PC so the duallie should be fine.

If i go for a E8500 and I looking for a E0 stepping? or shall i go for a E8600 E0?

Thanks for the help Derek. Yep the Samsung IC's are nice...I wish i could get the most out of them but this QX9650 has been a pain ever since I got it. I think i will chop it in for E dual core. I never multitask enough to get any benfit outta the quad anyway, its on my gaming PC so the duallie should be fine.

I learned the same thing. I had to go through two QX9650's before I realized this. Gaming is great now though. :): That DRAM can be tweaked to hell's half acre and back without raising voltages.

So as far as I can gather my choices are:

E8400 E0 3Ghz (with a 9 multi)

E8500 E0 3.16ghz (with a 9.5 multi)

E8600 E0 3.33 Ghz (with a 10 multi)

Which would be my best bet. I asume the fixed multi does not matter to much as I am pushing for high fsb's to get the most out of my RAM I can use the dividers to keep it in line.

Thanks RAMGUY but sorry just one more question:

That was my first thought and I should get the 8600 E0 with the 10 multi. However my goal it to ideally get my Corsair running atleast its rated speed of 1800Mhz.

So to reach that I will need atleast 450fsb. That along with the 10 multi is 4.5Ghz. Are these chips really that good and I can expect to hit that?

Archived