Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX problems with dp45sg

Deakon

Hello,

I have had a lot of problems lately with the XMS3 DHX ram, 1333mhz.

I have a Intel dp45sg Mobo. (Supports up to 1333MHZ)

I have just run the suggested BIOS reset but my computer is still having problems.

The problem is that my BIOS sees my ram as 7-7-7-20 and 1066MHZ when the ram I have is 9-9-9-24 and 1333MHZ.

Also, I find myself getting BSODs often.

I was just wondering, is this a compatibility error with the ram and my mobo? Or is there something that I can do to fix my problem.

Thanks in Advance.

• Corsair Employees

In addition to adding your specifications as Derek noted, list ALL the BIOS settings for your memory, CPU, and voltages.

Keep in mind, your memory kit is a 1.6v rated kit, not the stock DDR3 1.5v. http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TW3X4G1333C9DHX.pdf

Does your BIOS allow you to adjust the memory voltage?

Thanks, I put in my computer specs.

Under BIOS - > Performance -> Memory Configuration

my ram shows

system memory speed - 1066 MHZ

Current Memory Setting - 7-7-7-20

Reference Frequency - Default

Memory Frequency - 1066 MHZ

tCL - 7

tRCD - 7

tRP - 7

tRASmin - 20

memory Voltage Default

Total Memory 4096 MB (DDR3)

Memory Mode - Dual Channel

Memory Channel A (Slot 0) - 2048 MB (DDR3 1066) SPD: 7-7-7-20

Memory Channel B (Slot 0) - 2048 MB (DDR3 1066) SPD: 7-7-7-20

**NOTE** SPD Defined as Nominal : [tCL]-[tRCD]-[tRP]-[tRASmin]

I've tried changing my memory frequency, tCL, tRCD, tRP, tRASmin and memory voltage to 9-9-9-24 and 1.6 volts. But I end up usually with the same problem except then my computer does not start and I have to move the jumper on my motherboard and restart it again.

Set your memory to the black slots.

Download memtest from http://www.memtest.org and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk. Please download CPU-z from Here and post screen shots of your CPU/Memory/SPD tabs after the overclock..

Enter your BIOS Setup Utility and load default settings. Save default settings and reboot. Enter your BIOS and set:

[b]OC Guru[/b]

CPU Operating Speed = User Define
External Clock = 333Mhz
Multiplier Factor = 7.5
DRAM Speed = 1:1
PCI-Express Clock = 100Mhz

Voltages Control

CPU Core Voltage VID = Auto
CPU Core Voltage Offset = 0.000v
DDR3 Voltage = 1.65v
CPU VTT 1.2V Voltage = 1.27v
MCH 1.25v Voltage = 1.33
ICH 1.05v Voltage = 1.10
ICHIO 1.5v Voltage = Auto
NB Voltage = 1.4v
DDR2 Reference Voltage = +2%
CPU GTLREF 0&2 = 67%
CPU GTLREF 1&3 = 67%

Advanced Chipset Features

Memory Timing Setting = <Press Enter>

CAS Latency Time (tCL) = 9
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) = 9
RAS# Precharge (tRP) = 9
Precharge Delay (tRAS) = 24
Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) = 60

Advanced Memory Settings

Write Recovery Time (tWR) = Auto
Write to Read Delay (tWTR) = Auto
Act to Act Time (tRRD) =  Auto
Read to Precharge (tRTP) = Auto
Command Per Clock: 2

Boot to the optical drive with the memtest disk and allow for two full passes. Run Prime95.

Results?

sorry i've been busy lately but I ran the memtest again and it said that I had no errors.

I also looked over the BIOs and changed what was needed, these are the new screenshots.

Yes, now you are where you are supposed to be. Well done! :D:

I have exactally the same motherboard and ram and am having issues as well. I followed the instructions in the previous posts, and am able to boot fine. The only problem I have is when I turn on the power the fan spins up for 5 secs, then turns off for 5 secs, then boots normally. That happens everytime i reboot or shutdown/restart. This does not happen when it is set to default and use the 1066mhz default settings, so it must be something with the manual settings.

I may just ignore the issue as everything seems fine otherwise, just wondering if the original poster has this issue or not.

Intel has set an overclocking BIOS test in their chipsets. When you clock up a system, there is a evaluation at every boot. This is what you are seeing. Don't worry about it. It is not an issue. It is a programmed response.

I have exactally the same motherboard and ram and am having issues as well. I followed the instructions in the previous posts, and am able to boot fine. The only problem I have is when I turn on the power the fan spins up for 5 secs, then turns off for 5 secs, then boots normally. That happens everytime i reboot or shutdown/restart. This does not happen when it is set to default and use the 1066mhz default settings, so it must be something with the manual settings.

I may just ignore the issue as everything seems fine otherwise, just wondering if the original poster has this issue or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same hardware, but can not get my ram to run stabilly at 1333mhz. Actually, I can't get it to run stabilly at all. Right now, my system randomly hard locks and I have to reset it. This is the memory you recommended for this motherboard.

There is no way to set these settings in the bios to auto.

Write Recovery Time (tWR) = Auto

Write to Read Delay (tWTR) = Auto

Act to Act Time (tRRD) = Auto

Read to Precharge (tRTP) = Auto

Command Per Clock: 2

You have two modules (1 Kit)?

Load Setup defaults. Save setup defaults, then apply the settings I gave and any settings mentioned Auto, do not touch. Leave them as they are.

Shut the system down. Insert a single stick in the second slot and a single stick in the fourth slot. Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes.

Results?

Yes, I do have a matched pair of 2x2gb. In my bios, MCH and ICH are one entry, not 2. Its listed ast MCH/ICH. CPU VTT 1.2V Voltage = 1.27v is also not there at all.

Neither are NB Voltage = 1.4v

CPU GTLREF 0&2 = 67%

CPU GTLREF 1&3 = 67%

With the settings you gave me so far, my processor now runs at 1.99ghz but passes memtest. However, it passed memtest just fine before though too.

Count on Intel to confuse settings.

MCH/ICH Voltage to 1.33v

You have issues external to the DRAM if you are locking up and passing memtest.

Here's an 88 page thread on your motherboard. Very likely you can find some help in it. You are covered by a lifetime warranty on your RAM and if you wish, you can request an RMA, but since you do not fail memtesting it is very likely an issue external to the DRAM. However, that avenue is there for you should you wish.

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/f41/intel-dp45sg-skyburg-113330.html

Yes, I do have a matched pair of 2x2gb. In my bios, MCH and ICH are one entry, not 2. Its listed ast MCH/ICH. CPU VTT 1.2V Voltage = 1.27v is also not there at all.

Neither are NB Voltage = 1.4v

CPU GTLREF 0&2 = 67%

CPU GTLREF 1&3 = 67%

With the settings you gave me so far, my processor now runs at 1.99ghz but passes memtest. However, it passed memtest just fine before though too.

I do not have issues that are not ram related. I tested the system with some borrowed ram that has the correct jdec info and it worked great. I do not need to read up on my motherboard. Also, there is no setting for 1.33v its 1.3 or 1.35 . Do you actually know anything about the motherboard you are trying to help me with? Thanks for nothing, RAM has been returned and I am purchasing from a company that can make ram to jdec standards.

Thanks for nothing

RAM has been returned and I am purchasing from a company that can make ram to jdec standards.

I'm glad to hear that you are finding a method that will work for your system. Clearly you have politeness down to an art.

Do you actually know anything about the motherboard you are trying to help me with?

I could not actually work with every motherboard that is out there, but I have worked with many settings castrated Intel motherboards. The cheaper ones are even more castrated than the more expensive ones which is why I sent you a link to an 88 page thread of others who are having issues with that board of yours.

Enjoy life...

Archived